Sign in to follow this  
Tannerflyer

Error with "XACT audio init failed"

Hello, I bought the Default 737 VC for FS9 last night...and i still haven't been able to figure out this problem.I was up until 4AM, just re-installing the latest Directx, and .net framework.When i load the FS2Crew main panel, i get a pop-up saying "error code 0x80070057 Please contact fs2crew"Hopefully this isn't because I'm using a different model with the 737 panel, so does FS2Crew use the default 737 model, along with the panel? (Hoping not to be true).Thanks in advance

Hello, I bought the Default 737 VC for FS9 last night...and i still haven't been able to figure out this problem.I was up until 4AM, just re-installing the latest Directx, and .net framework.When i load the FS2Crew main panel, i get a pop-up saying "error code 0x80070057 Please contact fs2crew"Hopefully this isn't because I'm using a different model with the 737 panel, so does FS2Crew use the default 737 model, along with the panel? (Hoping not to be true).Thanks in advance
Hi, using a different model should make no difference.Re-installing DirectX (latest version) should have worked for you.What O/S are you using? If using XP, did you install the SAPI engine? Remember that XP does not have SAPI built in.Cheers,

Hi,And re-installing the latest version of DirectX didn't help?
No, i installed DirectX version 11 about three times, with a system restart after every installation, but i still get the error. I have tried a forum search, but havent seen any related problems, and It doesnt seem to make a difference when i re-install DirectX.

No, i installed DirectX version 11 about three times, with a system restart after every installation, but i still get the error. I have tried a forum search, but havent seen any related problems, and It doesnt seem to make a difference when i re-install DirectX.
Version 11?Try this one:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...splaylang=en#dxIf you still get the XACT error, it's hard to say as our user base is fairly large and no one else has experienced it. If I can't reproduce it, it makes it a bit tough.Please also send me your FS2Crew Speech Engine log.Email it to: admin@fs2crew.comIt's in:AppData/Roaming/FS2Crew2010Best,

Ok, i sent you my engine log, and for some reason it says im using XP, but im on vista....anyways i still havent had any luck.Im thinking about re-installing my OS, since its been a while....maybe that will wipe out the problems that ive been having.

Ok, i sent you my engine log, and for some reason it says im using XP, but im on vista....anyways i still havent had any luck.Im thinking about re-installing my OS, since its been a while....maybe that will wipe out the problems that ive been having.
I just looked at your Speech Log and it looks okay.My advice: Dump Vista and do a clean install of Windows 7.Cheers,

I just looked at your Speech Log and it looks okay.My advice: Dump Vista and do a clean install of Windows 7.Cheers,
Good advice, im planning to do so...but sadly dont have the money right now.Thanks alot for your support, looks like theres not a reasonable way to fix it...but ill just start fresh with windows 7 in a little while.Best regards,Tanner

Good advice, im planning to do so...but sadly dont have the money right now.Thanks alot for your support, looks like theres not a reasonable way to fix it...but ill just start fresh with windows 7 in a little while.Best regards,Tanner
You can buy Windows 7 Home OEM from NewEgg (you're Amercian?) for about $100.As for fixing it, as mentioned, you're the only one to experience it out of a large number, so it appears to be machine specific I'm afraid.However, I'll let you swap to a different version of FS2Crew for free (one that doesn't use the XACT sound system).Cheers,

Well i bought the upgrade version of windows 7, installed it.. and the problem disappeared, thanks for the offer to swap...but its working beautifully now, really great job! :(