Sign in to follow this  
ludwigkessler

Oceanic clearance

Hi Fellas,I'm planning my first and probably only return virtual flight to New York from Manchester, England. Can anyone advise me of how RC will perfom and is there anything special I have to do? The obvious question in my mind is how to request oceanic clearance, or is it not possible in RCv4.3? Also, I use Flight Sim commander to generate the route and the shortest route appears to be a navaid route of just over 3K., will there be a problem with this kind of route?Any help appreciated.Rory

Hi Fellas,I'm planning my first and probably only return virtual flight to New York from Manchester, England. Can anyone advise me of how RC will perfom and is there anything special I have to do? The obvious question in my mind is how to request oceanic clearance, or is it not possible in RCv4.3? Also, I use Flight Sim commander to generate the route and the shortest route appears to be a navaid route of just over 3K., will there be a problem with this kind of route?Any help appreciated.Rory
Hi Rory,RC4 doesn't have Oceanic Clearances but you will be instructed to contact Shanwick and Gander centres. Treat those as normal centres.As far as your flight plan is concerned if you want maximum realism then refer to the North Atlantic Tracks here http://www.nyartcc.org/pilotcenter/nats. Track Charlie looks best for EGCC. These are the waypoints you should add together with suitable flight levels. C SUNOT 58/20 59/30 58/40 56/50 SCROD VALIEWEST LVLS 310 320 330 340 350 360 370 380 390Given the length of the flight you might want to leave comms to Otto (CTRL+SHIFT+K) and set RC to pause around 150 miles from destination. See Settings for that.Have fun! Oh, if you want to speed things up wait until you reach cruise and then use x4 acceleration. No more or things will go wrong. Alternatively buy a good newspaper and fly in normal time! :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hiya Ray,Many thanks for the reply and the link. I'll be flying it in real time as speeding it up spoils the realism, so I can expect a numb behind! I'll also program your suggested waypoints too.CheersRory

Guest BAW063
Hiya Ray,Many thanks for the reply and the link. I'll be flying it in real time as speeding it up spoils the realism, so I can expect a numb behind! I'll also program your suggested waypoints too.CheersRory
Hi Rory,This will help on your next pond hop. You can plot your NATs on this.http://www.planningcharts.de/Downloads/North-Atlantic.gifDownload and save and print out. Works best on A3RegardsJames

Guest BAW063

Hi JD,Do you think HF radio will make its way into RC5? Would be nice to call Gander or Shanwick for clearance priop to going Oceanic and then haveing to report on passing waypoints.RegardsJames

Hi JD,Do you think HF radio will make its way into RC5? Would be nice to call Gander or Shanwick for clearance priop to going Oceanic and then haveing to report on passing waypoints.RegardsJames
Hi James,HF Radio is something we had always been looking at for a few versions but never made it so far because of the contraints it provides within the sim. For example, it doesn't really sound right if a controller asks you to switch to a primary HF guard 132.15 MHz - unfortunaly FS doesn't model HF radios with HF frequencies we're familiar with such as 8867 (KHz?).The second issue is the quality of HF transmissions - if the transmission doesn't have that growling, annoying, background flutter noise, you don't get a proper immersion factor (that's more of a trivial matter). More importantly though, there is less and less HF chatter going on these days as opposed to the decades past. Newer technologies like SELCAL, CPDLC, and HF ACARS seems to be the way to go, and one day I would like to see these implemented into RC as well.And then there is the issue of limited new features that can make it into new versions of RC. For every 1 oceanic flyer, there's probably 10 that don't do trans ocean flights. So we got to weigh up a balance between what users are going to use vs the time and resources that can make something else happen (such as oceanic clearances).I don't know if it'll be v5, v6 v7, or v8, but it'll be included as soon as the oceanic planets align :o)Subs