Sign in to follow this  
flyguy0507

Dash 8

Hey PMDG, I was just wondering if you guys can give us a rough time on when some more info on the Dash 8 will be released? I don't mean so sound impatient but I have fallen zombie to these forums checking at least 3 times a day looking for new updates and every time I check, I swallow disappointment. :( Hope to hear from y'all soon,Alex Bailey

I think you are not alone here - although we have to wait. I just dream about a full Dash 8 Q100-Q400 Package, released by christmas :( Okay just dreaming now :( :( B)

I fly the Q4 for a living and have offered my services to PMDG for free (obviously) but I can't seem to get a response from them. Not even so much as a "no thanks".Let's just hope the Q4 performs somewhere near the real thing, and that all the "quirky" gauges work properly. There is so much to work on with it I just HOPE they get it right.We'll see.

Let's just hope the Q4 performs somewhere near the real thing, and that all the "quirky" gauges work properly. There is so much to work on with it I just HOPE they get it right.
Well, I'm a bit more optimistic: look at the latest products. The very complex MD-11, the beautiful JS41: I'm convinced if PMDG says it will do the Dash 8, they do it properly or probably even more than that ;-)

Peiter, you're right, it will be a good product, but I am more interested in the performance in it rather than the visuals, i.e will it give the correct climb rates in certain ISAs doing a Rate 1 climb? Will it cruise at Vmo - 10 with the power levers in or out of the Detent at FL250? Will it struggle in ISAs of +15 or more? Will it give give the correct rate of climb at 210kts at lower levels? Will it give the correct pitch attitude at Vref for a Flap 15 & 35 landing? yadda yadda. To people who don't fly it they won't know any different.If we can get it to perform how the real one does then it won't be a good product, it'll be a great product.

I would say we do not have to worry - PMDG never did a bad Aircraft in relations of Systemdetail and HandlingPMDG - as real as it gets :(

Well I'm glad I'm not alone. ;) I'm sure the Dash8, whatever kind it is, well be great. I'm hoping for a Q400 but I'm a fan of all of 'em(with the exception of the -300.) I really need an update son before I pull all my hair out LOL. Alex Bailey

< Q300 would be lovely, please PMDG and information for us ?

I fly the Q4 for a living and have offered my services to PMDG for free (obviously) but I can't seem to get a response from them. Not even so much as a "no thanks".Let's just hope the Q4 performs somewhere near the real thing, and that all the "quirky" gauges work properly. There is so much to work on with it I just HOPE they get it right.We'll see.
Same here I offered the same regarding the Dash 100, 200 and 300 series and got no response. I have even offered a hanger where they would be able to take photos up close and personal. Oh well that is usually a sign that all bases are covered and no outside intervention or assistance is required. I wish them well, and look forward to their release

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos