Sign in to follow this  
Guest gauramohana

FMC help

Guest gauramohana

Hey there. Im new here....anyways. I have been flying FSX for around 2 years (and FS2002 before that), and just recently (6 months ago) i tried payware addons, and have been hooked since (WONT fly non-payware anymore :().I'm ok at flying, Can land ok(with realism on high) etc. I use a Logitech Extreme 3D pro joystick for flying, and have a lot of addons ;). Oh, and i'm 14 years old, so forgive my ignorance in certain placesBTW, i'm a Aviation "enthusiast" - love aviation ;)i mostly fly IFR (99% of the time)now comes the problem :)I "got" the PMDG 747, installed it, and am flying it, BUT i cant make head or tails of the FMC.basically what i want, is that on the MFD, it shows me my flightpath (you know- that pink line). i have a Abacus 787, and after getting the abacus FMC set up, i see the line. on some planes it shows by default (ofcourse with the flight loaded in advance)so can someone show me (with pictures and text) how to set the FMC up, from point A to B? Like i get as far as Pos Init i think im setting up the stuff right.... but still nothing shows on the MFD. (i clicked exec)any help?please dont tell me to look at the FMC .pdf that comes with the plane. i tried. and its too "un-understandable) for mecan someone explain t to me in english? simply how to set up a flight, the pink line, and preferably how to autoland the 747 (or atleast autoflight, where it turns by itself according to the GPS plan)thanks.....

Hello noname:First, please sign your real name when using the forums here at PMDG, it makes things a bit more personal.Second, the 747 is a very complicated and extremely realistic aircraft that is great fun to learn and no doubt very different (in terms of the fact that it IS realistic) from the aircraft you are used to. i suggest you download and print the excellent tutorial from Holger Seilz, and also look up Craig Read and Smitty's Guide to the 744. http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=86332Cheers and good luckPaul

Guest gauramohana

done :)im checking that link out"When you asked to download this file, we checked that the file was actually there.Unfortunately, it is currently unavailable.":(

done :)im checking that link out"When you asked to download this file, we checked that the file was actually there.Unfortunately, it is currently unavailable." :(
Bugger!Does anyone have an alternate link for this young man to Holger Seilz 747 Tutorial?CheersPaul

I have sent PM to Gaura Mohana. I have that file, as well as Craig Reads, both excellent tutorials that walk you though the entire process.

Geoff Bryce

I have sent PM to Gaura Mohana. I have that file, as well as Craig Reads, both excellent tutorials that walk you though the entire process.
Cheers Geoff:Holger's Tutorial was invaluable to me when i started flying the Queen. Great to see some new blood wanting to get to grips with the fat girl!CheersPaul

Guest gauramohana

hmm. it says

- Enter DLH454 in the FLT NO. field."DLH" means Deutsche Lufthansa and is our airline identifier.- Enter DLH454 in the CO ROUTE field as well.This should automatically load our flightplan if you have copied the .rte file supplied with this tutorial.Using the NEXT PAGE key 5 times, check the loaded flightplan against our hardcopy. You may notice that some departure waypoints for the "BIBOS 5N" SID have already been inserted.- Verify 25R automatically appeared in the RUNWAY field.- Select ACTIVATE >
but the problem, is im suppposed to copy
- DLH454.rte (the FMC flightplan) goes to:<flightsim folder>\PMDG\Flightplans
but if i wanna make my own IFR plan (preplanned with the FSX planner) it desnt give me .rte . it gives me some other formatso how do i import the normal plans? or convert my plans to .rte?

hmm. it says but the problem, is im suppposed to copy but if i wanna make my own IFR plan (preplanned with the FSX planner) it desnt give me .rte . it gives me some other formatso how do i import the normal plans? or convert my plans to .rte?
Hi!You could do it manual. All airways on left side, waypoints on the right side in FMC. There are also a very, very great Flightplanneron-line like VROUTE PREMIUM. Handle nearly all formats, and all advanced ac with fuel and payloads as PMDGs aircraft.It

Guest gauramohana

ok thanks. illl see what i can do to get vroute :D

ok thanks. illl see what i can do to get vroute :D
Hi,VROUTE indeed is a very powerful tool but be careful before filing a flight plan to VATSIM:I've made experiences of missing navpoints in the data bsase of the FMC (using latest airac cycle). This may lead to incomplete routings when loading a company route because the FMC will ignore the rest of a route when a nav point or airway is not known in the data base. Therefore you may carefully check these company routes leg by leg when loaded to the FMC.I do not use any program to generate company routes anymore to avoid these problems but program company routes (~.rt2 files) manually.If you like you may download carefully checked and tested company routes from my homepage. All company routes come with the respective flight plan ready to file on VATSIM (copy and paste) including matching flight levels. All company routes are based on VATroute which are also done by experts and have been proven to be realistic.Since you asked for company routes generated by the default FSX flight planner that is included into FSX, you may also try the tool PLN2RTE. This tool generates company routes directly from FSX flight plans but many of them do not really work on the PMDG B744. However, if you want to make use of FSX' synthetic ATC, you need to make sure that the company routes fit exactly to the FSX flight plans to avoid permanent permanent commands to correct the course.However: FSX' synthetic ATC is nice to run the GAME offline but is far away from reality. Online communities like IVAO or VATSIM are as close to reality as a PC based simulation can be.Best regards,Marc Westhofen

here it is explained briefly, when you start up, go to "RTE" then enter point a: airport code and point B:airport code and enter details like flt number, takeoff runway (very important), etc. then click on "next page" and enter your data: for example a short flight from london to pars looks like this: [EGLL SID MID UL18 SFD UM605 DPE STAR LFPG]. so heres how to enter this, on both sides on FMC you have 2 colums, one for "waypoint" and one for "via".the left column is "via" and right is "waypoint". what you want to do is enter a "waypoint" like for example as listed above in flight plan: MID. then enter a "via":UL18, then enter:SFD and so forth, when you get to the landing part, click a button called "DEP/ARR", that will give both aiports(one you departed from and one youre arriving to, click on LFPG, then you will have a list of landing procedures calles"STARS" and a landing runway. you choose an approach and landing runway and preety much go from there and do ILS. these steps are pretty much for beginner users, when you get used to it, you will start to learn more complex things like altitude, fuel, departing procedures etc... hope this helped :( PS: the departing procedures called "SID" are important, but since heathrow does have some, you go without entering one. Also to activate the plan, click on "EXEC" then click on it again and its activated. Also to fly it, have the "LNAV" on with A/P on.