Sign in to follow this  
Evincare

JS41: Fictional Repaint Flying Doctors of Australia

Hi Fellas, inspired by the help of you for fixing my painting problems and by the thread about landing a JS41 on Grassfields i thought about a livery of the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia. RFDSA.jpg>> DOWNLOAD <<As this is my second paintjob ever, i would appreciate your feedback about it. The interior is not really suitable for a medical transporter - but that thing im unable to change :) All the best from Austria, Alexander Roithmair

You might wanna check this with somebody else, but I couldn't get it to display.I ended up taking the main textutre sheet out and dumping it in one of mine and it showed up all right, so not sure if you have a problem or I do.Either way, I've got it working and it fits in well with all my other Ozzie paints.Frank

What a beaut!The JS41 is taking the FS world by storm. Thanks to all the repainters out there giving us all the more reason to buy and fly the 41...THANKS! :(Andrew

What can you say about that besides "naturally born talent". A really nice piece of work there ...j4113.jpgj4114p.jpgI only found a very minor alignment issue with the font on the left side. The "E" has a pixel shift, maybe because two parts of the texture meet there. It's ok on the other side and only visible of zoomed in. Not sure if you wanna correct it to make it perfect. :( align.jpg

Heya, thanks a lot for your good feedback :) and for the pixelshift - i've never zoomed in that far and thanks for telling, i'll have a look into it and will repost a new version when i'm done tonight. Its strange 'cause the 3 lines on the lower fuselage are looking even. Hmm - now i have to think about a following project. Nearly done with my austrian arrows repaint. Thinking about a JAL Express (JEX) or Cayman Airways thing. But for now - fix minor bugs .I'm so happy that you like my repaint. Greetings from Austria, Alex

Heya, thanks a lot for your good feedback :) and for the pixelshift - i've never zoomed in that far and thanks for telling, i'll have a look into it and will repost a new version when i'm done tonight. Its strange 'cause the 3 lines on the lower fuselage are looking even. Hmm - now i have to think about a following project. Nearly done with my austrian arrows repaint. Thinking about a JAL Express (JEX) or Cayman Airways thing. But for now - fix minor bugs .I'm so happy that you like my repaint. Greetings from Austria, Alex
Those three lines are indeed even, it only effects the letter E on the left side. I'm looking forward to the final version because it's really a great paint. I especially like that you used a somewhat "used and dirty" base and not clean white - makes it look more real.If you're looking for painting ideas, I'd love to see (and fly) the old Northstar paint ...
057850.jpg049898.jpgI think that it looks classy and would suit our J41 well. I can't paint at all though so I can only ask of give the subtle hint. :(

Hi AlexI don't know if you will find it of any use, but I have never had much luck using the preferred method of matching up the fuselage sides using the template, I've found it easier to work in the PMDG_Fuselage_T_Clean or dirty file and if the repaint calls for a logo or any wording that spans the two sections then I place a small colour filled box on the same layer as the full length logo that I need to split at a panel line that is easily visible and is on both halves of the fuselage (see pic), then all I need to do is to copy the layer and move it until the box lines up with the same panel lines on the other half of the fuselage then delete the box, up to now it's worked every time.I hope it helps, at least a little bit.Jim Hodkinson
Hi Jim, nice idea - thanks a lot. But in this case its more a horizontal problem than a vertical. I tried a few things in the last hour just for this little E :) and i know what the problem is, but am unable to solve it. The Distance between the E on the front side and the one on the tail side is exactly 0.5 pixels. But i'm just able to move the layer pixelwise, not half-pixelwise. if i get it to move up 0.5 pixels - it would work out fine. Otherwise i have to replace the whole text, so the Cutting line between tail and front is not in a letter - more between them. and to the cowboy. Doesn't look to heavy to repaint that. The nose could be a bit tricky but the rest are all straight lines. i'll give it a try - after figuring out the RFDS paint. Best regards, alex

Hi Fellas, update is uploaded and ready for download. Just use the same Downloadlink in my first post. i replaced it. Please test and again i appreciate your feedback. I replaced the whole "Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia" Text so no letter get misplaced.All the best, Alexedit: Cowboy, do you know what a logo that is behind the entrance? hard to find any pictures of it.

Glad to report that the shift in the letter is gone with the new version. It looks marvellous now. :( j4115.jpgAnd thanks for taking on the Northstar paint. About the logo, there is a large photo here ...http://www.myaviation.net/search/photo_sea...&size=large... showing the logo a bit better. It looks like "ADI" but I've not seen this logo anywhere else so I don't really know it. I checked various brands sites but cannot find a logo that would show it any closer. Maybe just leave it aside or use some creative freadom?

hi Cowboy and of course everyone else :) i made a small progress on the northstar aviation repaint but to be honest i'm pretty unhappy with it. The Lines are so small that i'm unable to display them pretty "clear" - so you can see the step effects. But my knowledge ends here (or its the end due to pixel graphics). just have a look and tell me if its ok for you, so i'll go on with it (Finetuning on the Fuselage and the paint for the engine nacelles). 1.jpg2.jpgall the best, alex

Hi Alex,Just wanted to say, I worked out my problem with your livery.It turns out that in the cfg file I had an erroneous error. One of the ([)'s was missing off a livery (about half way down my list) and every livery after that was not showing.I went back in last night, spotted the error, corrected it and now 'bob's your uncle', everything is all right.It's a great paint and I'll be taking a few pics of it for the FTX site soon,Keep up the good work, mate,Frank