Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle System, dead...

Well,I having a problem with my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle SystemYoke was working fine, until the AM. Started up my system, yoke display/led initially lit up but yoke system was unresponsive in the sim, tried calibrating it no luck.Unplugged it, restarted my computer and then it was dead, nothing nada...Double checked it with multiple USB ports and then checked those ports with other devices to make sure they were working properly and they were.Now the yoke and throttle are completely dead.When I plug it in, the green led on the throttle will flicker just momentarily as I seat the USB plug into the USB port then it goes dark. My yoke is only 3 to 4 months old, was purchased new and I have taken exceptional care of it. So now I guess I get to deal with Saitek and and exchanging it. Anyone ever had to deal with them on an exchange, how long did it take? :(

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Well,I having a problem with my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle SystemYoke was working fine, until the AM. Started up my system, yoke display/led initially lit up but yoke system was unresponsive in the sim, tried calibrating it no luck.Unplugged it, restarted my computer and then it was dead, nothing nada...Double checked it with multiple USB ports and then checked those ports with other devices to make sure they were working properly and they were.Now the yoke and throttle are completely dead.When I plug it in, the green led on the throttle will flicker just momentarily as I seat the USB plug into the USB port then it goes dark. My yoke is only 3 to 4 months old, was purchased new and I have taken exceptional care of it. So now I guess I get to deal with Saitek and and exchanging it. Anyone ever had to deal with them on an exchange, how long did it take? :(
G'day mate,I have the same yoke setup and have been quite happy with it. However, with this the power draw on the USB bus is considerably higher than most other USB devices. You don't mention your system specs nor whether you have any other devices connected at the same time. Can you try the yoke in another PC? Hopefully, your PSU will have the oomph to cope with the power draw.Otherwise, yep it may be faulty. Take it back to the vendor you bought it from. I don't think Saitek deal directly.Smooth skies.

i5 760 @ 4.1GHz on P7P55D-E Pro | 4x 2GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3-1600 | 2x WD SE16 Caviar SATAII | Gainward GTX460 2GB GS | ThermalTake ToughPower 750W | LG 32LG50FD @ 1920x1080x32 | Windows 7 HP x64 | FSX Deluxe + Acceleration | FTX AU SP3 | FTX NA Blue PNW | REX2 | JF TrafficX | TrackIR

Jacoba,I had an issue with one of my Saitek Pro Yokes where the LCD Display got very dim and had no problems getting a replacement from Mad Catz (Mad Catz now owns Saitek). They even cross shipped me the replacement. Information on warranties can be found here: http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?page=223A phone call to Mad Catz tech support was all it took and I had my replacement in a few days.Regards,Bob

Guest FedEd

Have saitec yoke for a long time only problem is getting all of the settings to work on add on planes.ie; thrust reverser and several buttons not recognized on pmdg737ng. Also, spoiler/speed brake won't retract in flight.Any answers ou there?