Sign in to follow this  
reinout22

FSX crashes almost every flight, after around 30 min.

Hey,I have a problem: I happily walk to my computer, start up FSX, go fly etc. and then after about 30-45 mins, it crashes. It first says 'not responding' and then 'restarting FSX'. This is a very recent problem and i have FSX for almost over a year now, and it this problem started a few weeks ago. I do have about every woai traffic pack installed (hey, I was bored ;) ) and a lot of planes (map consists of 615 aircraft maps, some woai airplanes and about 1/4th doesn't even work). Does anybody have tips/a solution?here are my specs:HP m9160.nlCore 2 Duo E6550 © DC 2.33 GHzIntel G33 Express ATI Radeon HD2400 256 MB DDR memory (but probably getting the ati 4870/4670)500 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)thanks!

Hey,I have a problem: I happily walk to my computer, start up FSX, go fly etc. and then after about 30-45 mins, it crashes. It first says 'not responding' and then 'restarting FSX'. This is a very recent problem and i have FSX for almost over a year now, and it this problem started a few weeks ago. I do have about every woai traffic pack installed (hey, I was bored ;) ) and a lot of planes (map consists of 615 aircraft maps, some woai airplanes and about 1/4th doesn't even work). Does anybody have tips/a solution?here are my specs:HP m9160.nlCore 2 Duo E6550

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hold down the windows key and press R. In the box that comes up type in eventvwr.msc and press enter. In the left hand window expand Windows Logs and then click on Application - look for an error in the list that comes up - it will have a white X on a red background next to it.

Scott

-System-Provider[ Name] Application Error-EventID1000[ Qualifiers] 0Level2Task100Keywords0x80000000000000-TimeCreated[ SystemTime] 2009-12-10T18:48:58.000ZEventRecordID31350ChannelApplicationComputerPC_van_BernardSecurity-EventDatafsx.exe10.0.61472.0475e17d3unknown0.0.0.000000000c000000500000000170801ca79c035a073b0hope this helps!

hmmm, unknown....I'm going to call heat as a problem on this one, perhaps - it looks like hardware of some sort - try running your computer with side off - let some air get in and see how it goes.

Scott

yeah, i'm getting the asus 4870 and a 500w power supply instlalled. I'm also gonna try sliding my traffic down, cuz i have every woai package instaleed :(

yeah, i'm getting the asus 4870 and a 500w power supply instlalled. I'm also gonna try sliding my traffic down, cuz i have every woai package instaleed :(
Might be wise to get 750w PSU, if your system can take it.500w doesn't sound enough.Just a suggestion.

i got the 5750 instead of the 4870. 4870 crashed my whole system, took it back and they installed the 5750 + the 500w power supply. they told me 500 was enough and i told them that i play fsx blablabla but they still said it was enough. the problem hasn't been fixed though :s

Guest Longhaul444
i got the 5750 instead of the 4870. 4870 crashed my whole system, took it back and they installed the 5750 + the 500w power supply. they told me 500 was enough and i told them that i play fsx blablabla but they still said it was enough. the problem hasn't been fixed though :s
I have been experiencing this problem for the last 3 months. After several clean reinstalls (including O/S which is W7 x64 Ultimate) FSX acts fine until 30-120 min into flights then "FSX has encountered a Fatal Error" and then closes and restarts. I am at my breaking point, I had over 150 add-ons installed with over 1000 a/c. And yess they all worked. The only one I was able to complete a flight with was the PMDG 747X (with the most recent update from PMDG and all liveries installed). Went from KCAE to KSFO WITHOUT ANY problems. Everything else CTD's after Fatal Error. I have combed thru FSX to try and figure out what is going on and am at my wits end. When I restart an installation it takes me almost 3 weeks to reinstall everything (all addons, a/c and liveries). The last installation was just FSX and Acceleration CTD within 45 min. My comp is more than enough to run FSX:Win 7 x64 Ultimate OEM RTM 6.1.7600.16385 (all updates current as of this post)Ultra X4 1600w PSU (operating at 1200w as I don't see the need for a dedicated outlet, yet....)Biostar MB TA790GX 128M8GB RamAMD Athlon II X4 620 (oc'd to 3.6 GHz)1-1TB SATA HDD2-500GB SATA HDD1-250GB SATA HDD1-160GB SATA HDDXFX NVidia 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ 512MBthe TB drive has win 7 and FSX Deluxe w/Acceleration on it, one of the 500GB HD stores all my FSX addons and a/c files, the other 500GB is used for system d/l's until the a/v goes thru them, the 250 houses music and pics of the fam, and the 160GB is used for storing manuals for all addons and FSX. I do this for one simple reason....to be able to locate what I need when I need it. Not to remember "now where in the hell did I put that file.....", also I have written to MS to ask for some help and got the expected response from them. "The MS Game Studios has been closed due to changes here at Microsoft. As such, we can no longer handle requests for technical support for FSX. Please feel free to contact one of the many FSX support sites from fellow FSX users. We appologize for any inconvience this may have caused, and thank you for contacting MS Customer Support." As I almost sent them a hate letter (like that would do any good), I also heard that MS won't let the ACES folks even try and do a fix for FSX and MS retains the rights to the software. But if something can't be done to fix this globally occuring problem with their software, then I would most definately switch to Linux and kiss all MS products goodbye. As my FPS hover around 45, I have never felt the need to tell FSX to use certain cores. The need to fix what is going on has taken priority over tweaking FSX as what is the sense of making it better if it won't stay running long enough for me to enjoy it. So has anyone else solved this yet? lol

I suggest disabling all your add-on scenery and reverting your overclocked hardware back to normal speeds and then try a flight.I assume you have checked your event logs? Did this problem start when you moved to W7?

Stephen Munn

Guest Longhaul444
I suggest disabling all your add-on scenery and reverting your overclocked hardware back to normal speeds and then try a flight.I assume you have checked your event logs? Did this problem start when you moved to W7?
Don't have any addons installed, just FSX and Acceleration, that's it. It occured with Vista also. I had it working before with Vista, but can't remember what the hell I did to get it working. This is driving me nuts!!!!! I went back to Vista and it still does it, so I reinstalled windows and FSX. As for the oc'g, I believe it was oc'd before, but can't remember.Here is the error details:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 1/15/2010 2:40:48 PMEvent ID: 1000Task Category: (100)Level: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer: Joseph-PCDescription:Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00000000Faulting process id: 0x880Faulting application start time: 0x01ca9616eb925dadFaulting application path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: unknownReport Id: e0df5bdd-020d-11df-b45f-003067075635Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-01-15T19:40:48.000000000Z" /> <EventRecordID>1471</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>Joseph-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data> <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data> <Data>46fadb14</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> <Data>00000000</Data> <Data>c0000005</Data> <Data>00000000</Data> <Data>880</Data> <Data>01ca9616eb925dad</Data> <Data>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data> <Data>unknown</Data> <Data>e0df5bdd-020d-11df-b45f-003067075635</Data> </EventData></Event>

Guest Longhaul444
Don't have any addons installed, just FSX and Acceleration, that's it. It occured with Vista also. I had it working before with Vista, but can't remember what the hell I did to get it working. This is driving me nuts!!!!! I went back to Vista and it still does it, so I reinstalled windows and FSX. As for the oc'g, I believe it was oc'd before, but can't remember.Here is the error details:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Application ErrorDate: 1/15/2010 2:40:48 PMEvent ID: 1000........................
Ok, I just completed a 5.5 hr flight with no problems. The oc'g may have been the culprit, but I could swear that I hadn't changed anything from before. Well It's now time to start the addon install!!!!!! Will let you know if all goes in well.

I think i figured it out: i checked the task manager thing and looked at cpu usage, ram usage etc. and what I found out was, as soon as I started a flight, it shows that 99%-100% of the cpu is being used and 1.8 gb out of the 2gb RAM is being used. So i guess it just can't handle it after a while anymore. So i'm thinking of also upgrading my cpu from 2.33 ghz to somewhere around 3 ghz (so also my justflight 757 runs smooth :() thanks for all the help!

Guest Longhaul444
I think i figured it out: i checked the task manager thing and looked at cpu usage, ram usage etc. and what I found out was, as soon as I started a flight, it shows that 99%-100% of the cpu is being used and 1.8 gb out of the 2gb RAM is being used. So i guess it just can't handle it after a while anymore. So i'm thinking of also upgrading my cpu from 2.33 ghz to somewhere around 3 ghz (so also my justflight 757 runs smooth :( ) thanks for all the help!
LOL, yeah I noticed that also, and also tested my memory using MemTest86+ and found out that i have 2 faulty ram modules. Thank god it's refund season, as I've had enough of this computer. It's getting a major overhaul, new cpu (going to Intel i7 940 from Phenom x4 620), new MB ASUS Rampage II from Biostar TA790GX 128M, new memory 12GB DDR3 PC16000 2000mhz triple channel from 8GB DDR2 PC6400 800mhz, going to liquid cooled system Thermotake VH600LBWS Armor+, and 1600W Ultra x4 PSU. I've reflected and do believe that the memory is the culprit. As I've had no problems with my processor oc'd or not. When FSX startes up my CPU cores go almost to 80% on all 4 (forcing FSX to use all 4 in fsx.cfg) and my memory would max out at 100% using all 8GB shortly thereafter it would get a fatal error. I will post in about 2 weeks as to how this system is performing. I'm keeping my same video card CeForce 9800/9800GTX+ as the new cards have driver problems with Windows 7. But will eventually be putting in a Radeon 5890 when they work out all the bugs in the drivers. Will keep you posted.