Sign in to follow this  
CathyH

Please make the FMS FSX Plan Compatible

Guest G_KKES

Your image shows that you have 6 flights available to load, the 7th is the "new" plan ready for programming.The second image shows the opening register, ready for input, use this to enter a route in the FMC from scratch.To get the FSX Flight planner route into the J41 FMC you need to ensure you have loaded the planner.Select any route with the Right hand LSK (any existing plan) Not the EMPTY one at 7. This route selected appears in the window.This brings up the ATC RTE button, select it with LSK R4. The plan within the window changes to that from the FSX Planner.Highlight "SELECT" with LSK R5, then ENTER.Highlight "SAVE FPL" with LSK R4, then ENTER. The filename is automatically filled in at LSK L2, Enter to confirm SAVE.I hope this helps and Happy ChristmasKev Townsend

Many thanks Kev for the detailed reply ... what a nice Christmas present!I'll go back to work on it and in the meantime may I wish you the merriest of Christmases ...from the interior of BC, Canada where we're enjoying bright sunny weather, -20C but no white stuff ... yet!Best,Ken

>The Flight Plan List page will display, and you will see a new label called 'ATC RTE'Just can't seem to raise the "ATC RTE" option no matter what I try ... and I think I've tried everything, but obviously not!I'm using "ShowAtcRteLabel=1" in the created "JS4100_FMC.cfg" file and the FSX FP is loaded as it shows in the GPS.Maybe I should burn this computer or go for a drink ... I think I'll do both!!!Ken

Guest G_KKES
>The Flight Plan List page will display, and you will see a new label called 'ATC RTE'Just can't seem to raise the "ATC RTE" option no matter what I try ... and I think I've tried everything, but obviously not!I'm using "ShowAtcRteLabel=1" in the created "JS4100_FMC.cfg" file and the FSX FP is loaded as it shows in the GPS.Maybe I should burn this computer or go for a drink ... I think I'll do both!!!Ken
Try taking the empty line out after the Show Atc before the //........................Are you sure you are on the right LSK (Line Select Key)?They all have 2 registers, it may be that you have to click the LSK twice to get it to select the second register.Otherwise I'm foxed toobest wishesKev Townsend

ShowAtcRteLabel=1That is the correct setting for that label to display.- You'll need to reload the aircraft for the setting to be in effect.- Make sure the JS4100_FMC.cfg is located in your FSX.../PMDG/JS4100 folder.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Thanks for the reply Ernie and Merry Christmas,When you say "reload" the aircraft ... do you mean uninstall and reload or just "change" the aircraft in FSX? I have been substituting one livery for anotheras part of the reload.Uninstalling and reloading is about the only thing I haven't done. Also, I haven't changed the FSX FPlan name ( which goes in as "IFR Kelowna to Portland.pln") and have tried placing a copypf the .pln directly into the PMDG Flight Plan folder ... but I prefer to get it straight from FSX after it's been loaded in as confirmed by the GPS.I wondered if it looks for the original .pln in the Flight Simulator X Files folder during the process ... in the new Win7 set up this file is in "My Documents"instead of "Documents".It's a great little facility and I'd really like to have it available. It's nothing to do with Win7 ... ?Regards,Ken

I believe Ernie means in this context to exit FSX, restart and reload JS41. The restarting FSX might not be required but it ensures the JS41 reinitializes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Uninstalling and reloading is about the only thing I haven't done. Also, I haven't changed the FSX FPlan name ( which goes in as "IFR Kelowna to Portland.pln") and have tried placing a copy pf the .pln directly into the PMDG Flight Plan folder ... but I prefer to get it straight from FSX after it's been loaded in as confirmed by the GPS.I wondered if it looks for the original .pln in the Flight Simulator X Files folder during the process ... in the new Win7 set up this file is in "My Documents"instead of "Documents".
It gets it straight from FSX, so you'll have to load or generate the plan in the FSPlanner menu first.It can load the .pln, but it would have to be located in your PMDG/flightplans folder for it to be on the flight plans listNote: Once you turn on Nav mode in the J41, this feature will no longer work until you again load or generate a new flightplan into the FSPlanner.RegardsErnie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

It is so easy to type in fixes for the routes and this plane is not a MD11 long range aircraft. If you are lazy just type fixes where route changes direction! :(

Here's just part of the Victor route from KIAG to KMPV ... start typing! Oh and don't forget to type it again for the Weather program :( Guess I'll continue to type ... I couldn't make Ernie's shortcut work.Regards,KenPS FSX still has the best Flight Planner ... unless of course you only fly between major airports in your JS41

But you only have to enter the airway, the FMS then shows you a screen with all of the enroute fixes so you can select the exit, or you can enter the exit along with the airway such as #Vxxx+EXIT

Dan Downs KCRP