Sign in to follow this  
Guest altackvert

DC3 Autopilot bug with Win7/FSX

Guest altackvert

Hi Bill, Hi Guys;back online after a rather long break with a freshly installed Win7 Pro x64/FSX Accel computer.When using the Sperry autopilot I've got the 10

Hi Bill, Hi Guys;back online after a rather long break with a freshly installed Win7 Pro x64/FSX Accel computer.When using the Sperry autopilot I've got the 10

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest altackvert
Hi Francois,Dunno. Yours is the first such report we've had of this. I hope to get Windows 7 before too long, then I'll see for myself. Anyone else experiencing this?Cheers, Bill
Until then any FSX R4D-6 user manual translation work to be done ? :( regards, Francois

Hi Francois,Dunno. Yours is the first such report we've had of this. I hope to get Windows 7 before too long, then I'll see for myself. Anyone else experiencing this?Cheers, Bill
Bill;I'm running FSX Acceleration on Vista64. I also have the 10-degree bug, even with the mouse wheel. Matt Smith

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Bill;I'm running FSX Acceleration on Vista64. I also have the 10-degree bug, even with the mouse wheel. Matt Smith
Hi if you give me abit more detail i will have ago at solving it if you like i am running win7 pro too regardscraig :(

Hi if you give me abit more detail i will have ago at solving it if you like i am running win7 pro too regardscraig :(
Thanks Craig;The problem with the MAAM Sperry autopilot is that once the AP is engaged, if you try to adjust the heading using the appropriate knob, it will only change in 10-degree increments. If the autopilot is not engaged, ironically, you can adjust it in one-degree increments.The old work-around was to use the mouse wheel...apparently that used to change it a degree at a time; unfortunately that is no longer the case with my system (Vista 64-bit).I would love to have the Sperry working correctly; I've got the default FSX one pasted in there as a stopgap :(I'm good with xml gauges but I'm useles swith the .gau files, or I'd have tried to fix it myself :)Matt

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Guest altackvert

Hi Craig, Hi Matt;just to let you know that the FSUIPC "fix control acceleration" doesn't do the trick very well, it works from time to time...Would be great if you could fix it !

Bill;Is the original author of this Sperry.gau still available? Can he/she take a crack at updating it to work for us in FSX on 64-bit systems?Seems like it could be a simple fix of the control acceleration for someone who has access to the original code and the ability to write C++ (neither of which I have :( )Thanks for consideration...Matt

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Bill;Is the original author of this Sperry.gau still available? Can he/she take a crack at updating it to work for us in FSX on 64-bit systems?Seems like it could be a simple fix of the control acceleration for someone who has access to the original code and the ability to write C++ (neither of which I have :( )Thanks for consideration...Matt
One more note...I did come up with a very good 'workaround' for the problem.I set up my keyboard "Delete" key to be the AP on/off switch. I also set up the left and right arrows just below the delete key to be the decrease/increase heading bug controls.Now, if I have the AP set, and I want to change a degree or two all I have to do is hit the "delete" key, wait a second, change the heading and then hit "delete" again to re-energize the AP. In the time that it takes to change the heading, the aircraft's pitch doesn't change much...especially if I had her in trim before turning on the AP like I'm supposed to.Works for me for now!

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Bill -Saw in another thread that you are now running Windows7 (as am I now). Do you have the "10 degree bug" on the Sperry autopilot when trying to change heading with the AP on in FSX?Is Arne Bartels still alive? If I buy him a bottle of wine would he consider updating the gauge to eliminate the problem (or is there somebody at MAAM who has the source code?).I don't use the AP that much, but it's a great unit and kind of a shame that it the heading knob doesn't work right due to changes brought on by FS9/FSX/64-bit systems.FWIW, I tried FSUIPC Control Acceleration fix and mousewheel with negative results.Thanks Bill -Matt SmithPS - My previous workaround of turning the AP off, adjusting the heading, and turning the AP back on again still works but is kind of a bear because usually the nose usually drops pretty significantly, then snaps back up. Another workaround I plan to try tonight is leaving the autopilot "on", but toggling 'heading hold' variable off with a keystroke before trying to change the heading, then toggling it back on. We'll see. Something in FSX has to be causing the interference with the Sperry, since it works correctly wtith the AP off. I'll let you know if I figure anything out...

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Hey Matt,Dunno! It'll take me a while to check, too. Had shoulder surgery this morning and I'm trussed up like a Christmas turkey for a while with my FS rig temporarily out of reach in my basement den. I don't know about Arne, but our Hans-Joerg Naegele will no doubt be able to fix it when we get back into the Douglas. Hang in there.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hey Matt,Dunno! It'll take me a while to check, too. Had shoulder surgery this morning and I'm trussed up like a Christmas turkey for a while with my FS rig temporarily out of reach in my basement den. I don't know about Arne, but our Hans-Joerg Naegele will no doubt be able to fix it when we get back into the Douglas. Hang in there.
Sorry to hear it Bill -As Merry a Christmas as you can muster I hope...

Matt Smith

Prepar3D