Sign in to follow this  
dearley92

Windows 7

Hi allJust gotten windows 7 and installed my fs9 and all add ons..everything works perfectly except the 737 6/7/8/900.When programming the FMC it doesnt calculate my v speeds which is only minor and I can deal with. However as soon as I take off i get red tape along my airpspeed indicator no matter what flap setting I have and wheels up or down which results in constant overspeed. the authothrrottle doesnt always work either. i have uninstalled with the removal tool and reinstalled countless times. UAC is off.I also had to install in safe mode as the installers kept freezingAny ideas on how to fix this?i miss flying my RYR 738 :(

Hi allJust gotten windows 7 and installed my fs9 and all add ons..everything works perfectly except the 737 6/7/8/900.When programming the FMC it doesnt calculate my v speeds which is only minor and I can deal with. However as soon as I take off i get red tape along my airpspeed indicator no matter what flap setting I have and wheels up or down which results in constant overspeed. the authothrrottle doesnt always work either. i have uninstalled with the removal tool and reinstalled countless times. UAC is off.I also had to install in safe mode as the installers kept freezingAny ideas on how to fix this?i miss flying my RYR 738 :(
Hi,Please sign your posts ,it is a condition of this forum.IU have just completed a flight using the 738 with no problems and Windows 7 32bit.You must install using admin rights not just the 737 but also FS9.This might just solve the problems.RegardsNorman Bowman

Sorry Norman just slipped my mindI do use the 64 bit version and I did install using admin rights, I'm using the hidden admin account aswellIs there a bug with 64 bit OS's?Dan

Is there a bug with 64 bit OS's?
No, they work fine with 64-bit.Did you by any chance upgrade to Windows 7 (instead of doing a clean install)? That's what I did at first, but I ran into a lot of little things here and there that did not work the way it was supposed to. Eventually I did a fresh Win 7 install and everything has been fine since.

Hey TomI did a fresh install from Windows 7 RC- RTM 64 bit home premium. it worked on the RC just fine which is whats weird!

Hey TomI did a fresh install from Windows 7 RC- RTM 64 bit home premium. it worked on the RC just fine which is whats weird!
Hi Dan,I use Win 7 64 bit om another machine and I can confirm that 737ng runs with flaws on that machine.Are you using a download version or from the CD.I use the CD and have on a couple of indtances been asked if the progs installed ok.Yes is the usual answer but on a couple of other times I reinstalled using the recommended settings.Sorry that I cannot offer any further advice.Perhaps someone else may have a solution.Try using the Flight 1 registry fix tool as this might help!Norman Bowman

I take off i get red tape along my airpspeed indicator no matter what flap setting
This sounds a little like the guages.ini file problem that appears for some on occasion. Usually, need to reinstall and make sure folder has admin security rights so ini can be initialized.Definitely not a problem with 64b; but the nanny features can be a pain.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,I use Win 7 64 bit om another machine and I can confirm that 737ng runs with flaws on that machine.Are you using a download version or from the CD.I use the CD and have on a couple of indtances been asked if the progs installed ok.Yes is the usual answer but on a couple of other times I reinstalled using the recommended settings.Sorry that I cannot offer any further advice.Perhaps someone else may have a solution.Try using the Flight 1 registry fix tool as this might help!Norman Bowman
I am using a CD version of Win 7 and i have noticed that come up a few times but it never came up for the 737NG..probably because I had to install in safe mode! i will however try anything at this point! Thanks :)
This sounds a little like the guages.ini file problem that appears for some on occasion. Usually, need to reinstall and make sure folder has admin security rights so ini can be initialized.Definitely not a problem with 64b; but the nanny features can be a pain.
The folder does have admin rights I have double checked all of this and uninstalled and reinstalled countless times :(Might just format and try again...

Give us a screen shot, maybe something will be noticed that can help. Note there is a size limit for attachments so I always resize mine with default paint program to 80%.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,I can only tell you my experience. I've upgraded from a Vista 64 bit Home Premium to a W7 64 bit Home Premium (RTM).I installed FS9 by first configuring the following properties of the FS9 setup program: compatibility mode = WinXP (SP2); deactivate visual themes; deactivate desktop composition; deactivate DPI adjustment (sorry I'm not sure if these are the correct names of these options in an English version of W7 as I'm translating from a Dutch version); activate run the program as Administrator.I then installed 737 v1.3, then the model 800/900 and the model update + service update for 800/900. Each time I first configured the setup programs as I did with the setup program of FS9 (see above).I also configured the FS9 startup shortcut with the same compatibility settings. I'm having no problems in running FS9 or the PMDG 737. Neither model 700 nor model 800 has the problems you encountered. FMC works perfectly. I have not turned off UAC, nor did I run the setup programs in safe mode.Initially I did encounter problems of fluctuating frame rates, but this was due to the configured energy savings scheme on the laptop. Since I configured it to maximum performance, I'm having no issues anymore with the frame rates.I can therefore only suggest that you configure the compatibilty mode settings when running the setup programs as well as when starting FS9.RegardsDaveAntwerp, Belgium