Sign in to follow this  
Thommy78

JS41 Engine start - no rpm

Hi,I'm going crazy. I try to fly the tutorial-flight, make everything exactly, props are not feathered.If I push the start-button, I can hear some noise (prob. air for startig) which rise and is then constantly. Then nothing will happen. No rpm, engine temp etc. only the noise. I can do what I want. There is a other Thread here, which decribes exactly my problem. You have to load the tutorialtwo times. But this do not work for me.Even if I load and start Default-Cessna and then switch to JS41 with running engines. I stop the engines. Wait for cooling down below 200

Do you have your standby fuel pumps on?
Hi, thanks for your reply. I think so, these are the three switches on the left upper side, the right and left one, the middleis XFeed??!! It seem exactly like the engines get no fuel. The fluelflow shows LBS when I start.BestTom

The low pressure pumps are needed to start the first engine, once the motive-flow pump is running the LP Pumps should be turned off.

Dan Downs KCRP

The low pressure pumps are needed to start the first engine, once the motive-flow pump is running the LP Pumps should be turned off.
Hello,ok, I switched them everytime on - still no running engines. :( I have just reinstalled only the standard-PMDG without libraries, configured only low settings.Nothing helped. The only difference was that the probs were feathered from the beginning.I unfeathered them - no engines just like above.I think it is the same issue like in this thread:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=261312Best Thomas Groh

Hi fellowsIt seems I'm not alone with the engines start problems... I'm going crazy. Sometimes it works sometime don't. Even following exactly the start procedure. For me (after too much trying) its depend how the plane is loaded and most important how you switch all the buttons off before leaving and reloading the same plane. The propellers sometimes feather quickly, sometimes very slowly and most of the time are impossible to feather. And when you think everything is OK, (right feathered positions),the rpm after starting the engines are staying around 14 . Someone could light my candle? I think I'm going back to the F1 ATR which is a complex plane but so logical instead of the JS41...Phil

Thanks for your help.I had already tried to load Cessna, Trike, Cessna with engine running etc. nothing worked.Best Tom

I seem to have a similar problem. I managed a couple of flights over the last few days but whenever I try and start now, I can get one engine going and the props turn OK, but whilst that one's starting up, the other prop starts to turn slowly (I don't know if that's normal as I only noticed it once the problems started) and when I try to start that second engine, either I don't get enough RPM to get it started or it blows. It doesn't matter what I do, I just can't get both engines up and running now. I follow the start procedure every time but to no avail and every time I can start one engine but not the other.Whenever I load the J41, I hear the sound of engines stopping and a couple of clicking sounds (which is odd) but everything visually is as it should be.I spent about 7 hours trying to get to the bottom of this now but I can't seem to get both engines started.Any ideas would be very much appreciated.CheersBadger

Is it JUST in the Tutorial mode ...... or are you having trouble even outside tutorial mode?

By any chances did you forget to set Start Locks?! If so I'm out of ideas because this was my only problem!

Hi This doesn't just happen in the tutorial, it happens in all flights.Everything has been done by the book which is why I can't understand why one engine starts OK but not the other. I've unfeathered both props etc.Badger

I would be really happy if there would be only a little movement of my props,but nothing!!! Only sound of the starter.It is frustrating and must be something within the fsx.Tom

There were lots of engine start problems and fires when she first came out. A very fine help guide to starting engines is posted above and pinned, have you gents given that a close look?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,thanks for reply. But for sure, I can sing it backward and foreward.Fuel pressure is ok, props locked and unfeathered, no movement ofmy props. :( :( :( Don't konw what I could do.Tom