Sign in to follow this  
DenM

Reinstall PMDG 737 procedures

Dear Bryan,I am having a good time with my FScrew PIC737 and would defiinitely want to pursue the PMDG 737 as well, but I have to dread the fact about reinstalling my pMDG 737I recall that the proper installation for PMDG is 737-600/700,FIRST then PMDG 737-800/900, THEN PMDG 747 and MD11. I already have 747 and MD11 installed with addons already. I do dread un installing and reinstalling again. :( I know this is mostly a PMDG question, but do you recall this procedure and is it accurate. If so, It does require alot of work before I can work with the FS2crew PMDG737.Your thoughts!Dennis

Why would you need to reinstall the 747 and MD-11?I installed first 600/700, then 800/900 THEN IMPORTANT! the model updates for 600/700. That should be fine.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

Dear Bryan,I am having a good time with my FScrew PIC737 and would defiinitely want to pursue the PMDG 737 as well, but I have to dread the fact about reinstalling my pMDG 737I recall that the proper installation for PMDG is 737-600/700,FIRST then PMDG 737-800/900, THEN PMDG 747 and MD11. I already have 747 and MD11 installed with addons already. I do dread un installing and reinstalling again. :( I know this is mostly a PMDG question, but do you recall this procedure and is it accurate. If so, It does require alot of work before I can work with the FS2crew PMDG737.Your thoughts!Dennis
Hi Dennis,You only need to re-install the 737, not the 747 or MD-11. We'd like you to re-install your PMDG 737 to make sure it's totally clean and has all the latest updates installed and everything is in working order.Remember that the PMDG 737 is five years old and by re-installing you can clear away any weird gremlins that may have slipped into the thing.Makes support on my end easier if I know you're working with something that is fresh.But if your PMDG 737 panel.cfgs are are in their original state and your PMDG is operating smoothly, then you don't really need to re-install.

Special reminder note:If you re-install the PMDG 737 aircraft, the PMDG installer will overwrite the gaugesound.dll with an older version (different from the one the non-FS2Crew 2010 versions require).So, if after re-installing the PMDG 737 aircraft itself, you're finding that your FS2Crew enabled Level-D 767, ATR, PMDG 747, etc., are crashing, it's because of the old version of the gaugesound.dll that the PMDG 737 installed.The easy solution is to run the FS2Crew Start Center and click the button that says "RESTORE GAUGESOUND.DLL".That will re-update your GaugeSound.dll with the required FS2Crew version.Again, this only applies to FS2Crew releases prior to the 2010 Voice Commander versions.Cheers,

THanks Bryan and Kimo for your replies and comments.I undersand. I have the 737-600/700 on CD as I purchased it, and the 800/900 by download. The computer I will use never had 737PMDG before. So I hope this is a fresh start.The reason I concerned is that a couple years back, somewhere it was recommened(Ithink by PMDG) to install their products in the order I told you. 737 first, the the other PMDG. Why not tech sure!. But if you say I do NOT need to uninstall my 747 and MD11, it will be great! I will try to research more and let you know what I find!ThanksDennis

Dear Bryan,I researched the PMDG site, and I was correct what I heard.The procedure is recommended to install PMDG products in the following order. 737 before 747. They say that when installing 747 a DLL file will be overwritten, thus the recommendation. This problem will cause your 737 PMDG to CTD and other.They say however, if you download new active files these have corrected the problem, only old files are the concern. I have to consider purchasing the product again, maybe.Thanks!Dennis

I confirm, in FS9, if you have B744 and MD11 already installed, and if you reinstall PMDG737, then, the B744 and the MD11 won't work anymore.I know, because this is what I did the first time. When you are at the create flight screen in FS9, if you change the aircraft to B744 or MD11, FS9 freezes, where you have the external view of the aircraft displayed (where you can see the aircraft from all sides with the mouse) and gives and ATC.dll error.I had to remove all PMDG stuff and reinstall in the correct order : B737-600/700, then 800/900, then B744, and at last MD11 (of course don't forget all patches). Now everything is back to normal and I can select the B744 to fly.Save all your aircraft.cfg files and all texture directories before removing, it will save a lot of time when reinstalling.

vpa055.png

That being the case, I'll revise my earlier statement.Only re-install the PMDG 737 if you feel it's necessary.If it's working fine before you install FS2Crew for it, you'll be okay. Just make sure you have all the updates installed first.Cheers,

I confirm, in FS9, if you have B744 and MD11 already installed, and if you reinstall PMDG737, then, the B744 and the MD11 won't work anymore.
That is odd. I had the MD-11 installed an after installing the 737, the only problem I had was the gaugesound.dll crash which is related to FS2Crew. No other problems at all. Having atc.dll crash in this situation does not make sense to me, but then again, many things in FS don't!I know there are just two confirmed problems installing it this way - two .dlls overwritten with older versions, gaugesound.dll and PMDGoptions.dll (the menu items).It's likely PMDG gave that instruction to play it safe.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png