Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Avionics update for Carenado Cessna 206 -

I never did like the Nav-o-matic almost autopilot and as soon as I start flying my Carenado Cessna 206 I remembered why. A full day of playing around with it, I came up with a fairly reasonable panel. The pop-ups are great for those weak eyes like mine. It is more difficult to work with the VC but it does work. Here are a couple of snapshots of what I am flying with today.CompareC-206.jpg2D_Panel_FriendlyPanels.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I never did like the Nav-o-matic almost autopilot and as soon as I start flying my Carenado Cessna 206 I remembered why. A full day of playing around with it, I came up with a fairly reasonable panel. The pop-ups are great for those weak eyes like mine. It is more difficult to work with the VC but it does work. Here are a couple of snapshots of what I am flying with today.CompareC-206.jpg2D_Panel_FriendlyPanels.jpg
Good Day,The Cessna 206 is one of my favorites, and looking for an improvement of the avionics, I have discovered your post which is very good. I will be very gratefull whether you could give me the information in order to fitt my 206 similar to your 206.Many thanks in advanceBest regardsJean-Pierre

Hello Jean-Pierre,It has been some time since I have flown the C206. I have been busy with the C185, 210 and 337H lately. I will dig out my old stuff and see what I have for you. Give me a couple of days. Thanks.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hello Jean-Pierre,It has been some time since I have flown the C206. I have been busy with the C185, 210 and 337H lately. I will dig out my old stuff and see what I have for you. Give me a couple of days. Thanks.Ray
Hello Ray,Many thanks for your answer, no problem I can wait !Jean-Pierre

Nice work... wondered how you'd gotten around the gauge mask till I realised it was the 2d... still, awesome work, rocking a gns430, kn140, and 330 in my 206, though thats the vc as I can't stand 2d blum.gif

Nice work... wondered how you'd gotten around the gauge mask till I realised it was the 2d... still, awesome work, rocking a gns430, kn140, and 330 in my 206, though thats the vc as I can't stand 2d :(
Thanks, Firekitten. You just made me realize he's modified the 2d (great job though, Ray) and you've answered a question that I hadn't asked yet.I couldn't figure out why I couldn't comment out and/or modify the C185 and 206 panel.cfg lines. Now I know - the gauge is tied up as you mentioned. So, unless there is a way around that, I won't be able to modify the VCs on my 185 and 206 the same way as I modified the 182Q and RGII Skylanes (attached). I was hoping to do the same mod on those aircraft.Dang. In fact, double dang. I can fly analog with no problem - but, I want the Garmin TAWS system that's on the RXP 430 and 530 for flying the canyons, etc.. You can tell immediately what is a box and what isn't because of the TAWS DTED data. Plus, you can successfully fly the canyons ("successfully" means you survive) in marginal VFR or in "friendly" IFR conditions.I'm not tough enough to fly 2d :( . You mentioned modifying your 206 somehow, but I didn't understand what you meant "rocking a gns430, kn140, and 330 in my 206". Could you elaborate a bit, please? I'd be happy with half a clue to get started on the 206. Between the 185 and 206, I want the 206 modified the most because of it's cargo capacity (flying bush pax and cargo with Eagle Valley Air).Thanks!Mark