Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

SSW maybe will work if....

Maybe we can get someone here that has a vast experience with getting the SSW 310 to work. As it stands I have been able to download all 4 files. They will not extract properly. I keep getting a "bad CRC7c406f35 (should be 35ccc2b8) ". I have to clue what the refers to but if one of our FS techies could help out us annd SSW maybe SSW would be as so kind to give a free 310 to them. If someone thinks they know how to fix this error please speak up.

This issue seems to be happening to everyone. I'd probably wait a day or so and keep checking thier forums for updates before you try to re-download again.:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I do not believe they are dealing with an area that they have an expertise. They should look for outside help.

Nope. No go. But thanks for the suggestion.

Well it looks like they left somewhere. They have not answered anyone's posts on the forums at all lately. Does anyone know anything? I would be very ###### if we all get screwed over. Any suggestions what we can do?

Be patient - you have to remember that they are in a different time zone than you are. RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Nah it is noon there and no posts. It is like a ghost town now. Went from a post every 30 secs at one point to one maybe every 6 hrs.

Actually when I made my post (5:40 pm NZT) it was 8:40 am in Moscow.The UTC time on there web site is incorrect, if that is what you are going on.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest A321

Even if 200 people download the file at the same time it should not make ant difference, They are running on Apache servers. Apache is very good get at downloading files with large requests. I think they should stop putting the files into Zips and rar files as the compression is value is not worth it. They know exactly what their doing, They are buying time IMHO thats all.They have put the release back so many times, (releases they have stated) that now they need another excuse. If they must use winrar, they should also include the repair data, which enables you to repair even the most damaged rar file.Jason

I agree about the zip files, however, your argument about the servers is partially correct. There servers may be able to handle the load, but we don't know the band width that they have, and this may be the bottle neck.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest A321

>I agree about the zip files, however, your argument about the>servers is partially correct. There servers may be able to>handle the load, but we don't know the band width that they>have, and this may be the bottle neck.>>Regards>>Russell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)You could be right, However dont you think that provisions should be made for this. Also the orignal scope from SSW was that all pre-orders would get an email a day or so before full release, where we would get first crack to download which would ease the server load. As you may have noticed this never happend.Jason

Guest Tim

HiYep it sure never did happen!I've just refreshed the user download page, and the main 4 part downloads have now gone. So hopefully they are uploading new files which actually workTim

I pre-ordered but only a few days before and so I cannot comment on the email, etc before the release.I agree, though that pre-orders should have been handles separately. In their defence, after what happend with Captain Sim, they might not have had a lot of pre-orders and so were caught completely off guard with the number of orders when the product was released.To make matters worse, and compounding the problem, has been the proble with the base file(s). The number of re-tries that users are making will not help with any band width issues, but will in fact make it worse.Hopefully, this time they will get the files right. I suspect that things will settle pretty quickly once we start getting the right files. In the mean time we just have to be patient, which, if you are anything like me is extremely difficult :)RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Who cares about the servers, after you download them, they are not working anyways. There last post was over 12hrs ago when they made that Attention2 post and said stop d/l and wait. Who knows what they are doing over there?

Eric