Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

SSW maybe will work if....

Maybe we can get someone here that has a vast experience with getting the SSW 310 to work. As it stands I have been able to download all 4 files. They will not extract properly. I keep getting a "bad CRC7c406f35 (should be 35ccc2b8) ". I have to clue what the refers to but if one of our FS techies could help out us annd SSW maybe SSW would be as so kind to give a free 310 to them. If someone thinks they know how to fix this error please speak up.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This issue seems to be happening to everyone. I'd probably wait a day or so and keep checking thier forums for updates before you try to re-download again.:)

I do not believe they are dealing with an area that they have an expertise. They should look for outside help.

Well it looks like they left somewhere. They have not answered anyone's posts on the forums at all lately. Does anyone know anything? I would be very ###### if we all get screwed over. Any suggestions what we can do?

Be patient - you have to remember that they are in a different time zone than you are. RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Nah it is noon there and no posts. It is like a ghost town now. Went from a post every 30 secs at one point to one maybe every 6 hrs.

Actually when I made my post (5:40 pm NZT) it was 8:40 am in Moscow.The UTC time on there web site is incorrect, if that is what you are going on.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Even if 200 people download the file at the same time it should not make ant difference, They are running on Apache servers. Apache is very good get at downloading files with large requests. I think they should stop putting the files into Zips and rar files as the compression is value is not worth it. They know exactly what their doing, They are buying time IMHO thats all.They have put the release back so many times, (releases they have stated) that now they need another excuse. If they must use winrar, they should also include the repair data, which enables you to repair even the most damaged rar file.Jason

I agree about the zip files, however, your argument about the servers is partially correct. There servers may be able to handle the load, but we don't know the band width that they have, and this may be the bottle neck.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

>I agree about the zip files, however, your argument about the>servers is partially correct. There servers may be able to>handle the load, but we don't know the band width that they>have, and this may be the bottle neck.>>Regards>>Russell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)You could be right, However dont you think that provisions should be made for this. Also the orignal scope from SSW was that all pre-orders would get an email a day or so before full release, where we would get first crack to download which would ease the server load. As you may have noticed this never happend.Jason

HiYep it sure never did happen!I've just refreshed the user download page, and the main 4 part downloads have now gone. So hopefully they are uploading new files which actually workTim

I pre-ordered but only a few days before and so I cannot comment on the email, etc before the release.I agree, though that pre-orders should have been handles separately. In their defence, after what happend with Captain Sim, they might not have had a lot of pre-orders and so were caught completely off guard with the number of orders when the product was released.To make matters worse, and compounding the problem, has been the proble with the base file(s). The number of re-tries that users are making will not help with any band width issues, but will in fact make it worse.Hopefully, this time they will get the files right. I suspect that things will settle pretty quickly once we start getting the right files. In the mean time we just have to be patient, which, if you are anything like me is extremely difficult :)RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Who cares about the servers, after you download them, they are not working anyways. There last post was over 12hrs ago when they made that Attention2 post and said stop d/l and wait. Who knows what they are doing over there?

Well if they have to push the date for release again that is fine with me. I too have been waiting for this since March. The only thing I ask for is honesty and consideration and it did not seem like I (or you) were getting that. A simple "Sorry but we are delayed even more" would have done but all this over the last few days has had my temperature rise.

Maybe they are trying to sort the problem out.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

HiThey sure do need to post on that forum and explain what is going on. Being updated is always best - not being updated is extremely frustrating especially with something like this.But like I say on the user download page the 4 split files were there, but when I refreshed the page shortly after they had gone. So hopefully they are still working on it now.Tim

Yes, they must be working as i can see the page has changed. However i cant even post of their forum, altthough i can access the download page :( it says im not authorised to post.Regards,Darren Taylor

Hi Dassman,yep its the same with me, and a lot of people on the forum. If you registered recently the activation for your forum registration would not have been sent to your email because of some problem, so therefore you can't post etc. But if you didnt register recently and have posted before then I'm not sure what the prob is.Tim

Hi all SSW Customers,I dont know what is the matter with SSW! They dont write much helping info in there forum, nor do they seem to get a simple installer and release right with the A310. Someone asked who they are. Besides I have registred in there forum, but I get no permission to write there in any way!So, I checked up who they are. The money went to the "Atlantic Coast PLC Shareware Village" in Devon UK. But everyone knows that they are from russia.So, they have NOT an full impressum with the info who they are at there website. I dont know if they have to have one, but in Germany I know I do have to have such info somewhere easy to find if I do commercial businuess. How is it in UK, USA etc.? But in Russia?Who would help me put legal pressure uppon them to provide us with more and better info about them and there project? I would even go for a international law notification against them if they do not cooperate with us.Here is the info I got:Registrant: Evgueni M Protchoukhanov Litovskiy b-r 9/7-109 Moscow, Moscow 117593 Russian Federation Registrar: Domain people Inc. Domain Name: simsoftworkshop.com Created on .............TUE AUG 06 04:52:45 2002 Expires on .............WED AUG 06 07:52:43 2003 Record last updated on .WED MAR 26 02:00:25 2003 Administrative Contact: Evgueni M Protchoukhanov Evgueni Protchoukhanov Litovskiy b-r 9/7-109 Moscow, Moscow 117593, RU ( )7 095 4271881 () evgueni_pro@starnet.ru Technical Contact: Evgueni M Protchoukhanov Evgueni Protchoukhanov Litovskiy b-r 9/7-109 Moscow, Moscow 117593, RU ( )7 095 4271881 () evgueni_pro@starnet.ru Billing Contact: Evgueni M Protchoukhanov Evgueni Protchoukhanov Litovskiy b-r 9/7-109 Moscow, Moscow 117593, RU ( )7 095 4271881 () evgueni_pro@starnet.ru Domain servers in listed order: ns1.hostfield.net 212.119.53.2 ns2.hostfield.net 212.15.121.6 (simsoftworkshop.com) Register your domain name at http://www.domainpeople.com

I would Imagine that the devon thing is a clearing house for SWREG in the uk, are you from the UK?. I could be off the mark here, or maybe its someting else. Im now a little dubious, if we are making payments to SSW, and another company receives the money. I highly doubt this is a rip off or a con, but they are not installing much confidence.I really thing the community needs to appoint a ruling body for this. We need like a Payware certificate eg an AVSIM credited Addon Provider voted by the community, where by we can trust in the developer. I really think this would help both developers and customers. If all goes well we should be A310 pilots before the days out. Lets give them another chance to come across.Jason

I don't think it is nescessary to put any more pressure on them yet."Atlantic Coast PLC Shareware Village" is SWREG who handle software registrations on behalf of a multitude of software companies (not just Flight Sim) and have done so for years.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

HiYep I think they are working on it now - hopefully like you say Jason it should be out by end of day :SI'm not sure about this SWREG thing, but UK2000 scenery uses it for their online orders, and when I purchased part 5 from there it was all fine.Tim

Whenever there's a payware plane released ..... everyone rushes to buy it ..... everybody forgets that FS payware groups have a long history of doing this! I decided to wait before buying .... I wanted to see how successful the whole process was .... I'm glad that I waited!I'm sure that, when the next payware plane is released, you will ALL buy it IMMEDIATELY .... again!:-lol I hope your probs get sorted :)