Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

Just purchased the Carenado 210!

What a great aircraft!!!!!!!!The model is fantastic....the aircraft is VERY stable and a joy to fly. The textures are very good as well and the VC is GREAT...VERY CLEAR!!! And the 2D panel is quite good...I'm gonna add in my Garmin 530 as soon as I figure out how. :-lolThe download and purchase was simple and there weren't any hiccups in the process.The ONLY thing the aircraft doesn't have is moving door handles! :-lol :-lol And as a matter of fact...who cares! LOLI LOVE this new aircraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Carenado for the excellent new addition to my fleet! :9

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest jason2112

Thanks for the info! This is a real temptation, and I'm glad to hear your positive remarks about the clarity of the VC, as this is about the most important thing in a payware GA plane for me.VOlker :]

"I'm glad to hear your positive remarks about the clarity of the VC, as this is about the most important thing in a payware GA plane for me."Yea for me too!now any screen dumps of the VC?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Could someone who's bought the 210 please take a look at the fuselage textures using imagetool.exe and tell me if they're DXT3, 32-bit, 16-bit, or whatever and if they're mipped. Thanks.John

Thanks for the feedback, Shane. I'm gonna get it, because I definitely need something to help me ease the pain of waiting for FS2004 :-lol.

Guest jason2112

I just got it, and really enjoyed my first flight from KCGX to KORD and back. Posted some pics on the screenshot forum a few minutes ago. This is a beautiful plane! Tonight I will take her on a longer trip, but I'm already sure that I'll fly her a lot :)Thanks for all the information!VOlker :]

Guest Tim

HiI am hoping to get it. I really do like to fly GA around small airfields in the UK, and this looks a good one to add to my hangar. Yep thanks for the info! :)Tim

What a beautiful aircraft!Download and installation was simple...nothing like the Dreamfleet/Flight 1 who insist on making things unneccesarily difficult to download their aircraft because of their anti-piracy paranoia!Thanks Carenado....I am looking forward to purchasing your next aircraft!

>Could someone who's bought the 210 please take a look at the>fuselage textures using imagetool.exe and tell me if they're>DXT3, 32-bit, 16-bit, or whatever and if they're mipped.>Thanks.>>JohnThey were 32 bit mip-mapped.I got rid of the mip-maps with imagetool though. :)

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I'm looking to add a high-wing plane to my hanger this weekend. My choices seem to be the Flight1 152 or the Carenado 210. Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm leaning toward the 210

Tough choice Kenny!!I don't have the F1 152 but I LOVE the 210. I honestly can't say one negative thing about it.I chose the 210 because I am partial to GA Aircraft that have decent speed and make good cross country aircraft....as well as being able to just do local flights.I have a heard a lot of great things about the 152 as well though. I guess it comes down to what type of flying you like to do. I like speed and cross country capabilities myself :9I know that F1 has a special if you purchase the 152 and the 310 (I think you get a $2 coupon or something along those lines). You probably can't go wrong with either choice :)

Ark

Whew :-). From a utilitarian standpoint, (rather than a manufacturer, that is), I guess you need to ask what you want to do with it. One is a low, slow trainer mostly used for sunny Sunday afternoon jaunts around the field, whereas the other is a medium range, IFR capable, high performance machine that is used to go to more distant places and for business trips. Only you know what you want from that. As far as looking at it from a manufacturer's standpoint (DF/F1 vs. Carenado), that's pretty much a toss-up at this point. Both are outstanding. I have the 210 but not the 150, and I can highly recommend the 210. After that, the decision is yours.Glenn

Guest anthonye

>>Could someone who's bought the 210 please take a look at>the>>fuselage textures using imagetool.exe and tell me if they're>>DXT3, 32-bit, 16-bit, or whatever and if they're mipped.>>Thanks.>>>>John>>>>They were 32 bit mip-mapped.>>>I got rid of the mip-maps with imagetool though. :)>>>HiJust asking why the need to get rid of the mipmaps, I've never seen this mentioned before, can you please explain why this is done, and where imagetool is please.ThanksAnthony.......

Get the 210. It is a superb model on all counts.Exciting to fly and with superb VC and 2D cockpit renditions. I also have the 150 butit is a very different experience, much too tame for my liking. The 150 is good for puttering around near the airport, the 210 willmove you around the country. All depends on what kind of flying you want...

Choosing between the 152 and the C210 is really a tough one. I bought the Dreamfleet Cessna 310 last weekend, and although it is a very nice aircraft...up to the standard one has come accustomed to with DF, the abominable anti-piracy routine means you HAVE to install this aircraft on a computer that is on line as you do it. If you want to transfer the software to another computer, you a faced with having send licence and data files to and fro to ensure that you, as a honest purchaser, only install it on one PC, analized by the Flight 1 software which is supplied on request. This made things very difficult for me, as I only have a internet connection at my place of employment, whereas at home for a peculiar reason this is not possible. None of this nonsense with the Carenado C 210! You purchase it...get a link to download, and you have the aircraft...ready to install HASSLE FREE and fly!It is a real beauty...Performance is as close to the real thing...and oh, those lovely sounds! Just like the real thing! The VC is very pleasing.With a reasonable price tag...you will get a high performance GA aircraft that will provide many hours of entertainment....and it installs without hiccup, even now, into the beta version of FS2004. Once Carenado releases a FS2004 patch (as they have promised) then the VC will in all probaility have the FS2004 functionality. The rest works fine in FS2004!