Sign in to follow this  
AlexMichael

Level of expertise

Hello,I am wondering how much level of expertise is needed for knowing how to use the JS4100? Will i need lots of multi-engine experience to fly it? I am new to Turboprops so will this be a good "learning tool" for the beginner learning to use turboprops?Just wondering,CheersAlexander Michael from NZ

Hello,I am wondering how much level of expertise is needed for knowing how to use the JS4100? Will i need lots of multi-engine experience to fly it? I am new to Turboprops so will this be a good "learning tool" for the beginner learning to use turboprops?Just wondering,CheersAlexander Michael from NZ
Hi Alex,She is a full fledged PMDG bird complete with all the bells and whistles; In other words complex. There is no more to flying a twin turbo than any other complex aircraft in my opinion. You might as well cut your teeth on this one and grow into it.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Hi AlexanderI agree with Gary, she can be complex and does have all the bells a whistles, but if you wanted to you could turn off the engine fire and icing effects (although they are the good bits), and if you really didn

Alex: Don't hesitate, if you love flying (even just simming) then you'll love the JS41. Don't worry if it takes you a couple of hours or days to figure everything out, that's part of the fun. She is a real joy to hand fly and you can navigate VOR to VOR if you wish... the FMS isn't required in this bird like it is the the 747 or MD11. Once you get past the engine start procedure (maybe you will only melt a couple of engines) the rest is straight forward. Hope you join us.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dont need the FMS, just use old style radio navigation (VOR, NDB etc) and a map

Dont need the FMS, just use old style radio navigation (VOR, NDB etc) and a map
I agree with Butchm! :( I love flying "old" style or even "older" style (visual references, compass and clock) and this plane is great for these sort of flights. I just warn you that you NEED to plan your descent. Otherwise you may get frustrated!Nail%20Biting.gifTaking this part of the plane has the greatest handling, no sudden jumps from small joystick comands... excelente plane.

Just wondering; is there a feature in the Jetstream where the engines are already started or does the plane have to be started cold and dark?Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

The default load going from create a flight is engines running and electrics hot, just like any other aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

The default load going from create a flight is engines running and electrics hot, just like any other aircraft.
Thanks Dan. It just arrived in the mail so I will fire it up shortly.

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot