Sign in to follow this  
Guest beasteye

Show Aircraft list

Guest beasteye

I got a problem and that is sometimes when I download Aircraft they wont show up on my Show aircraft list, well it doesnt get a "photo" and instead steals another "photo" f.eks. Posky 767 is under the Robinson helicopter "photo" wich is tottaly wrong! and it seriously messes up my whole list! any advice here?Im using FSX btw.Thx in advance

I got a problem and that is sometimes when I download Aircraft they wont show up on my Show aircraft list, well it doesnt get a "photo" and instead steals another "photo" f.eks. Posky 767 is under the Robinson helicopter "photo" wich is tottaly wrong! and it seriously messes up my whole list! any advice here?Im using FSX btw.Thx in advance
To show up properly, each texture folder which the aircraft in question has must contain a graphic of the aircraft and that file must be named thumbnail.jpg. The picture would show the color scheme (variation) of that aircraft. You can make your own or many of us use a small utility named autothumbnail which will automatically create the thumbnail.jpg image for you. http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=SearchIf a texture folder does not contain this, FSX is "supposed" to use a generic blank one with a question mark in it but it does not always do that and you get mixed preview pictures.Hope that helps.

Guest beasteye

hmm downloaded it without any trouble at all and it shows up on my MSFS but im not sure how to use it.ive tryed out all the buttons and when i press them i my screen freezes for about 2 secs but i guess thats normal, but i still dont get a Thumbnail for it in my aircraft prewiev!!can you please tell me how to operate it or tell me if im doing something wrong. plz help!

hmm downloaded it without any trouble at all and it shows up on my MSFS but im not sure how to use it.ive tryed out all the buttons and when i press them i my screen freezes for about 2 secs but i guess thats normal, but i still dont get a Thumbnail for it in my aircraft prewiev!!can you please tell me how to operate it or tell me if im doing something wrong. plz help!
It depends on the install method.As has been stated,the texture file must contain a thumbnail picture of the aircraft.1) Check the aircraft in question folder using notepad and see if the texture exists and does have a thumbnail picture.2) Check the aircraft.cfg file and see if the texture[fltsim.xx] where xx is the next texture in sequence has been added.Note,some painters require base textures to be added to their paint,but they usually say so in their install instructions.You need some knowledge about navigating around files and folders and using notepad,because some developers will not suplly .exe installers.Ron

Ron Service