Sign in to follow this  
Guest philby

rebuild sceney db

Guest philby

HelloFirst of all i'd like to say what an excellent product RC iswell done jd &the team my question is i've just got bristol extremedo i need to rebuild scenery db and if so to which file path to send it to.Thanks in advance.Phil

If RC is on the same PC as FS answer No to the first prompt. The second prompt is the full path to where FS is such as:h:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9To speed entering the process of path entry I have the path (as above) in a Notepad saved file that I copy from then paste into the RC path query box that appears with the Scenery Rebuild function.After OK'ing it answer OK to the next several prompts that appear. You should see a dialog with the runways counting up followed by dialog boxes regarding file creations, etc., and you OK each. Wait about half a minute after the last file notice before shutting RC down. I don't recall but I think you need to restart RC before you can use the updated files.You do a scenery rebuild any time to install new scenery containing airports and/or afcad type files that change airport navaid, runway, and taxi path data. If Bristol Extreme is scenery then perform the rebuild.

HelloFirst of all i'd like to say what an excellent product RC iswell done jd &the team my question is i've just got bristol extremedo i need to rebuild scenery db and if so to which file path to send it to.Thanks in advance.Phil

Hi Ronzie,Ive followed your instructions above, and set the path (mines c:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9), but i dont get any"a dialog with the runways "COUNTING UP" followed by dialog boxes regarding file creations, etc" Ive checked in the rcv4 folder and the data in the file a4 says its been updated on the correct date and time which I did the update. The file is 1,077kb. Have i done this correctly? thanks steve

just to add, when i run makerwys 4.4.1 in FS9 root directory, all the above functions work. It takes about 5 minutes to finish, as apposed to about 1 minute in RC. steve

just to add, when i run makerwys 4.4.1 in FS9 root directory, all the above functions work. It takes about 5 minutes to finish, as apposed to about 1 minute in RC. steve
running the program, on it's own, in the fs directory will not create the rc scenery database. to rebuild the rc scenery database, you have to click the button in RC

Are you running VISTA or Win 7? If so you must have RCV4.exe set to run as an administrator so it can access your FS files. Set the property in a shortcut that starts RC4 and you should also be running with admin privileges. (Some people using Win 7 turn off User Access Control but unlike VISTA which fully disables it Win 7 does not.)I assume RC is on the same PC as your FS folder. If not you must follow the special process for a networked workstation in the manual.a4.csv is built from r4.csv in the RC data folder so that is not a valid check of file transfer from FS. To insure everything worked you need to check the date and size for r4.csv and that it is the same as in your FS folder so we know it was copied and current.The rebuild is only valid when running from within RC and if necessary using the special steps when RC and FS are not on a networked system of separate PCs.

Hi Ronzie,Ive followed your instructions above, and set the path (mines c:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9), but i dont get any"a dialog with the runways "COUNTING UP" followed by dialog boxes regarding file creations, etc" Ive checked in the rcv4 folder and the data in the file a4 says its been updated on the correct date and time which I did the update. The file is 1,077kb. Have i done this correctly? thanks steve

Hi Ronzie,I run windows XP and am an aministrator.OK ive just checked the r4.csv in RC data folder, its dated 6.1.07, and is 4.68mb.The one in the fs9 root is dated 18.2.10, today, when i ran makerwys, and is 4.29mb any clues (im sure its simple but im a bit confused) steve

Hi Ronzie,I run windows XP and am an aministrator.OK ive just checked the r4.csv in RC data folder, its dated 6.1.07, and is 4.68mb.The one in the fs9 root is dated 18.2.10, today, when i ran makerwys, and is 4.29mb any clues (im sure its simple but im a bit confused) steve
did you read my reply.you have to rebuild rc scenery database by clicking the rebuild rc scenery database within the rc app. running makerwys.exe by itself does nothing for RCjd

Sorry JD i did read your reply and I am doing something wrong. I wanted to check that makerwys was working OK.Ive tried again via RC and still the same.Im sure my path is correct ( see post at 8.46am today). steve

Sorry JD i did read your reply and I am doing something wrong. I wanted to check that makerwys was working OK.Ive tried again via RC and still the same.Im sure my path is correct ( see post at 8.46am today). steve
after you click the rebuild rc scenery database button, does a pop up window appear, showing number of airports and runways? it takes upwards of 5 minutes. let it complete.when it is done, zip up the makerwys.bat file. don't send the bat files unzipped. i'll never receive it. also in the email tell me the path to your fs directory. are you running widefs?jd

Here's something quick that you can do. (FS is not running.)Start RC. Click the Debug button so it turns green. Let the default log name be RC4.log. Start the Scenery rebuild.Make sure you click the No button when it pops up the wide FS question if FS and RC are on the same PC. Enter your FS path.You should get a pop-up about running makerwys. Click the OK button. You should then see the count up. After a few minutes the status box about the runway count will say finished an OK button will pop up. Click it. Another box will pop up about RC copying r5.csv to r4.csv. (Yes, 4.3 uses the r5.csv in your FS folder.) Click Ok. Another box will pop up stating RC building a4.csv. Click Ok. Another box pops up stating RC4 has built a4.csv. Click OK. Wait about fifteen seconds. Close RC.Go to your rc4 folder. Open rc4.log with Notepad. It should only be a few lines. Highlight the contents and copy that to the clipboard.Set up the reply to this thread here on the RC forum. Paste in the contents of that rc4.log file.That will tell a bit of the path as seen by RC and describe the created .bat file at least in my version.

Good morning gents,JD, this is my problem, when i run RC rebuild button and set my path to FS9 the window showing airports and runways doesnt appear. The whole process only takes about 20 seconds clicking box to box.ronzie,I did as you said and again no scenery rebuild. no pop up window showing airports or runways being built.I know its me doing something wrong, but ive never had a problem like this before following instructions. thanks for your time and effort steve

Thought id go through the proceedure.press rebuild scenery dbis this a widwfs congiguration noenter the path where fs is locatedC/program files/microsoft games/flight simulator 9 OKrc rebuilding r4.csv, running\makeRwys.exenow if i leave it nothing happens, and if i press OK it states straight away RC finished rebuilding r4.csv OKRC rebuilding new a4.csv file OKRC finished rebuilding a4.csv OKThis whole prceedure only take sabout 20 seconds.At no time in this proceedure do i see any airports or runways being built in a window? (if i do this with makerwys direct in fs9 i see the files being built and it take sabout 5 minutes to complete. i know i cant do this for RC) steve

Thought id go through the proceedure.press rebuild scenery dbis this a widwfs congiguration noenter the path where fs is locatedC/program files/microsoft games/flight simulator 9 OKrc rebuilding r4.csv, running\makeRwys.exenow if i leave it nothing happens, and if i press OK it states straight away RC finished rebuilding r4.csv OKRC rebuilding new a4.csv file OKRC finished rebuilding a4.csv OKThis whole prceedure only take sabout 20 seconds.At no time in this proceedure do i see any airports or runways being built in a window? (if i do this with makerwys direct in fs9 i see the files being built and it take sabout 5 minutes to complete. i know i cant do this for RC) steve
the path probably should beC:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9\back slashes not forward slashes. you forgot the : after the C. and i would add on a final backslash at the end of the pathjd

Thanks JD i copied your path and success.I appreciate your help. I obviously never installed the scenery properly from day one, even though i thought i had.this will enhance the RC even more.once again thanks and great after sales steve