Sign in to follow this  
Frank Tien

tail wheel lock

Hi,Maybe I have misunderstanding about tail wheel lock.Here is the picture which my DC-3's tail wheel is unlocked --- It IS unlocked, right? (tail wheel unlocked.jpg)Then, at that moment, my tail wheel lock is pushed in, which is like throttle.jpg.But this seems to be contrary to the manual, r4d_man.pdf, p.31. The manual's picture says the pushed in position means "locked". Did I make something worng?I used key command (F11,12) to control and did not use aircraft.cfgES file.Thanks.TCC0928

Here is the picture which my DC-3's tail wheel is unlocked --- It IS unlocked, right? (tail wheel unlocked.jpg)
In your picture of the cockpit the tailwheel is unlocked.

In your picture of the cockpit the tailwheel is unlocked.
Thanks. Um...how about this one? locked or unlocked? This is NOT the situation which I took a shot of my DC-3.

In is locked, out is unlocked. No idea why yours appears backwards.Does the wheel lock when the handle is out?

Thanks. Um...how about this one? locked or unlocked? This is NOT the situation which I took a shot of my DC-3.
In this picture of the cockpit the tailwheel is locked.