Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

corkyo4

Custom Menus when selecting aircraft

Hi all,Just had a thought.When it comes to selecting aircraft from FSX the user needs to scroll through the menu and select the plane required. Now i know alot of people dont use default planes all that much so..........Is it possible to create a custom menu option so that you can filter out the default aircraft so you dont have to scroll through the whole lot.ThanksTom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Other than selecting the manufacturer, designer, or acft type I don't think so. I'm sure you're aware you can also check to disable variations....

I think you can do this... if memory serves, there was a thread on this topic last year. Be danged if I can find it right now, though. You can "comment out" the aircraft you don't want to see, but you do not uninstall them. I think that was the topic of the thread: uninstalling default aircraft (but it's a bad idea, as you could remove files that add-on aircraft depend upon). Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

my hanger is very jam packed with a lot of a/c acquired over the years, and for a while finding the plane i want in the hanger used to be an issue.But the way to solve that problem is to always start by selecting the publisher of the plane you want to fly, and life is easy from that point on. Once you get used to that problem solved.Filter by publisher and problem solved. For example wilco, justflight, pmdg, RealAir etcMy advice, try not to always think of moding fsx to do things your way, but try to work with what fsx has got by defualt a much as humanly possible, cause if you ever have to reinstall you gona have to put back all your modifications as well. too much hardwork.