Sign in to follow this  
Propeller

Everything but 60 FPS is unsmooth

Again, I uninstalled old driver and nHancer, ran driver sweeper in safe mode, and now tried the 185.85 driver and no nHancer. And no improvements at all. I think there is no use in trying anymore. It is impossible with this card to have FS9 and FSX run well. Five months of trying to solve this is enough. I want to start flying again. But seems like I have to wait till I can afford a new card, because the reseller, where I bought the card, do not seem to want to let me send my card back to have another one.But I want to say thanks to all of you who have helped me in trying to solve the problem. Thanks.

I do think it is a setting issue. Interestingly enough I remember experiencing the exact same thing when I installed FSX for the first time on my newly built I7 system - back then I was using a GTS8800 card. I know you talk about FS2004 I just wanna point out that I went through the same thing with a newly built high end system in FSX. I can't remember what was the magic bullet solving the issues however it is gone now. What I think eventually worked was using Nick's nhancer guide and using the FSX external framerate limiter. Later I realized that I did not need it anymore (the limiter) as the stutters just went away. It just cannot be that other folks using the same CPU / card combo and keep saying that a system like that eats FS9 alive whatever one throws at it. Look at the posts by Sesquastro or what's his name. He makes a raving post about a similar system's performance almost every day now even made some screenshots backing up his claims.Don't give up - I do not think it is the card!I am going to install FS2004 soon just to check out whether my system would start acting up again - now I have an I7-940 / GTX285 combo.All the best,Alex

Guest FlyingBits
Again, I uninstalled old driver and nHancer, ran driver sweeper in safe mode, and now tried the 185.85 driver and no nHancer. And no improvements at all. I think there is no use in trying anymore. It is impossible with this card to have FS9 and FSX run well. Five months of trying to solve this is enough. I want to start flying again. But seems like I have to wait till I can afford a new card, because the reseller, where I bought the card, do not seem to want to let me send my card back to have another one.But I want to say thanks to all of you who have helped me in trying to solve the problem. Thanks.
Ok, You mentioned you dont have anything running in the backround, you have turned off:Prefetch, Supersetch, drine indexing and daily defrag? Might be a long shot but I would not give up.

Guest VHRWT

Thanks for your help guys.I defrag weekly and am trying all of this on a brand new install on my Core i7 860, 4Gb DDR3 1600, WD 300Gb WD Velociraptor.Nothing seems to help it, seems to be a unknown combination of settings or something to do with Vsync.For me the stuttering gets progressively worse away from 60. By 30 its just a mess.Unfortunately I don't think that the usual Defrag, Programs running in the background, Driver Update/Roll Back is going to solve this problem unless there is some way of getting old 7 series drivers to work with Geforce 9x and above.Best RegardsSimon.

Guest stranex

Hmmmm, just discovered this thread since having the same problems myself with a self build...i7 860, ASUS P7P55D-E Pro, 4GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX260 Super O/CAs above, despite all my FS9 settings, Nhancer settings and .cfg files being as per Nicks guides I have EXACTLY the same problems. I only have FS9 installed at present as I've only just finished building the system last week and Win7 is as fresh as it can be. I can't beleive I've spent all this money to build a rig seemingly capable of running FS9 to a high level only to find that the combination of hardware I have is somehow causing these issues.If were able to tie it down to a particular component or setting then it would great but so far there seems little (anything?) that has made any difference.I note the OP has recently bought the same card as myself and I would be interested to see if they are still experiencing the same problems with it?

Here is a fix that I found using Google it may be worth a shot. It is for a different game but it sounds like it may work. http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=110279 The fix is basically creating a custom profile in Nvidia Control Panel. Jeremy

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO