Sign in to follow this  
fbfbfb

UEStudio with VC++ Express 2008

Is anyone successfully using the UEStudio IDE with VC++ Express 2008 to compile multigauges for FS?VC++ Exp builds the gauges alright but the IDE does not display a folder with External Dependencies so none of the subgauges are listed and thus are not available for editing from within the IDE.The UEStudio IDE on the other hand provides an External Dependencies node in the tree and the subgauges are fully available. The multigauge appears to compile correctly without error but the gauge bitmaps are not visible in FS and so far I have been unable to figure out what I am doing wrong with the setup.Any clues will be appreciated.Fred

VC++ Exp builds the gauges alright but the IDE does not display a folder with External Dependencies so none of the subgauges are listed and thus are not available for editing from within the IDE.
Right-click on the sub-gauge's #include entry in the .c (or .ccp) master file to open it for editing in the IDE...
#define  GAUGE_NAME  "escj1_vf\0"#define   GAUGEHDR_VAR_NAME  gaugehdr_escj1_vf#define   GAUGE_W	100#include "VF\escj1_vfG.c"

You could also list all the sub-gauge .c files in the "Tree" if you wish (Add/Files) but you'd need to mark each one to be "excluded from build" to prevent them being included TWICE when compilihg. I find it much easier to use the Right-Click technique myself... ;)As for your other question, I haven't a clue because I've never used it, nor do I have any intention of doing so... being a strong supporter of the "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" school of philosophy!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Right-click on the sub-gauge's #include entry in the .c (or .ccp) master file to open it for editing in the IDE...
Thaks once again Bill, that is a big improvement :(
As for your other question, I haven't a clue because I've never used it, nor do I have any intention of doing so... being a strong supporter of the "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" school of philosophy!
I came to prefer the UEStudio IDE while using it with VC6 and I'm gonna keep on trying. To each his own.Thx againFred

I had (and still have) enough problems converting all my old "solutions" from MSVC++ .NET 2003 to the VS2005 enrivonment. One of my chief complaints with VS2005 is precisely that issue of the sub-gauges not appearing in the expanded "tree" in the left panel.It took me months to figure out how to "right-click" on the #include entry to open the sub-gauge .c file for editing... :( Having "upgraded" three times since I started oh-so-long-ago, I'm not going through it again! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator