Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Need help from Saitek throttle users Please

Hello everyone.I am currently using a ch yoke but have also aquired a saitek throttle about 6 months ago, I have never really used it as my older pc wasnt powerful enough to run fs9 the way i wanted it too. Recently I have purchased a new system that can run fs9 like a dream.Anyways I am about to go and try and set up my throttle but have a few questions. I will be using this with my level d 767 and what I would like to accomplish is to use the first 2 levers as throtles and the third as either a speed brake lever or a flap lever, Now the main question is it even possible to accomplish this using this throttle system.Another thing i was wondering if anyone uses this with their leveld, from what I can remember trying to set it up once with my 767 and could not accomplish it. the problem was that when i would push the throttles full forward I can only acheive about 1/4 throttle in the sim i was hoping someone else is using this throttle system with their 767 and can sorta guide me in setting this up to work properly.ThanksGerry

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I see that Saitek has a new quadrant Its the same as the one we are using now but with that new one added to the old one you can use 1,2,3 or 4 levers for throttle. That I think was not possible before. I almost bought it but I find there is no real reason as the only use I would have for it would be if I flew multi engined aircraft like the B-17 as that has no tailwheel steering. But I only fly those about once a year lol. Anyway I am rambling..............John

Gerry,I have transitioned to a Saitek based system from my earlier CH Products stuff and now have the Pro Flight Yoke, rudder and also added another throttle quadrant. So I have six levers and using FSUIPC I have them set up so that the first lever commands speedbrake, the next four are throttle 1-4 and the last one is the flap handle. When you pull the levers all the down to their minimum it will trigger a key board command and that I use to command reverse thrust on the thrust levers. This is all very easy to set up using FSUIPC and with other aircrafts I use the number 2 and 3 throttle lever to command prop and mixture. Again, all very easy since you can assign different functions to different levers for different aircrafts and FSUIPC keeps control of that.John, I don't find any new throttle on the saitek site. The extra throttle unit http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/quad.htm was released as the same time as the other stuff so a four throttle lever setup has been available all the time. Comparing the Saitek and CH Products units, I find a few feature of the CH Product gear to be better, but overall Saitek wins hands down for me. Both are very plastic though so you get what you pay for!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

If you want the best ( within reason) check out the throttles at Go Flight.com. I use those with the B-737. jerrycwo4

Hey Gerry,Krister has it exactly.I've just purchased the yoke and a single quadrant, and with FSUIPC, (which no flight simmer should be without IMHO :( ), you can program the levers for anything you want.Like with LevelD 767, I have multiple 2-engined aircraft setup with two levers for throttle, (each for a separate engine), and the third lever used as flaps. The flaps lever is also in reverse, so pulling it downwards extends them! Hope that helpsTom

Thanks everyone for the replies. Unfortunately i dont not have a registerd copy of fsuipc, but i beleive I may have to do something about that (opens wallet :) )

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest Coneman

Will FSUIPC solve Saitek throttle mapping issues?

Will FSUIPC solve Saitek throttle mapping issues?
I'm using two Saitek throttle quadrants with a registered copy and have no problems. Although I don't fly the LDS767 I do fly the PMDG 737s, PSS Concorde, Posky 777 and 747s without any problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather