Sign in to follow this  

Guest jj_wolfe

Hi,I was considering buying the Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel and Radio Panel, but I saw bits of information on these forums that they don't work with add-on aircraft (only the stock FSX aircraft)? Is that correct? I have some PMDG and Captain Sim aircraft that I was hoping these would interface with.thanks!

They were designed to work with stock FSX aircraft via simconnect an huge oversight on Saitek's part for not making a piece of hardware that would be compatible with any addon (else I think they could be selling much alot more). They may partially function, not function at all, or function properly with addon aircraft.

They were designed to work with stock FSX aircraft via simconnect an huge oversight on Saitek's part for not making a piece of hardware that would be compatible with any addon (else I think they could be selling much alot more). They may partially function, not function at all, or function properly with addon aircraft.
Sorry to pipe in here but does anyone know if Saitek plans to address this problem. I'm not able for whatever reason to log into the Saitek form. I only fly addon acft, the panels are just setting on my desk because they are more of a problem than adding to the flight experience. Thanks much!

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

The following is for your info. I sent Saitek Support folks an email asking about using panels with Add-on aircraft, if a fix is in the mill. Appears they are working the issue, it would be nice!"The panel driver was specified to conform to the controls of the stock aircraft in the simulator as these adhere to SimConnect protocols. Some add-on craft may not adhere to these protocols or use different methods of control input. We are aware of this issue and are currently working on ways to resolve the issue for the panels."

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest jj_wolfe

Thanks for contacting them and posting their answer! I'll wait to buy anything until that issue is resolved.

The following is for your info. I sent Saitek Support folks an email asking about using panels with Add-on aircraft, if a fix is in the mill. Appears they are working the issue, it would be nice!"The panel driver was specified to conform to the controls of the stock aircraft in the simulator as these adhere to SimConnect protocols. Some add-on craft may not adhere to these protocols or use different methods of control input. We are aware of this issue and are currently working on ways to resolve the issue for the panels."

...tons of addons and, no problem so far "knock on the wood", everything works perfect