Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogerPotie

FSUIPC and WideFS problem

I have a recent problem. I don't think that FSUIPC is really the cause.Until recently I had not problem with FSUIPC (in XP) and WideFS (in Vista).But now it looks like FSUIPC doesn't get started at each FSX session: sometimes yes, sometimes no. When yes the FSUIPC warning appears at the top of the screen to say there is a connected session with WideFS, when no no message appears. In this last case the FSCommander and Radar Contact cannot dialog with FSX. I need then to stop FSX and XP and then restart them in the hope that it will work.I also get something strange after the add-ons entry on the task bar above the screen, again not systematically: entries for different planes; if I click on one I get a sort of video of that plane that I cannot control.When all this started I still had an older version of FSUIPC and WideFS. Now I updated them to FSUIPC 4.57 and WideFS 6.78. But still these strange things may happen.I must also confess that I overclocked my PC and did not do a thourough checking with the last parameters and that when I did I realized that I had sometimes an error. This could have corrupted something in FSX. But as I said the strange things do not happen systematically.Any idea ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

David,I did but I also posted it here in the hope that someone had a similar problem and could share his experience.