Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLEX1978

HYD Temps

What keeps the Hydraulics warm? I am sitting on the ramp at EPWA - Outside temp is -11c Nacelle temps are -12c and fuel tanks are -10c but the Hydraulics are a cozy 21c unpressurizedThanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Anyone? Sorry to bring it up again but not sure if it's a bug? Anyone flying other high end payware could test this, leave the aircraft cold and dark in extreme cold temperatures then power up and check the HYD page (with Hyd not pressurized) Cheers

Maybe a oil heating system like on the A2A stratocuiser is simulated :( Seriously: Have you waited a little bit for the HYD TEMPS to adapt relatively to the environemental temperature?Denis

Maybe a oil heating system like on the A2A stratocuiser is simulated :( Seriously: Have you waited a little bit for the HYD TEMPS to adapt relatively to the environemental temperature?Denis
Hey Denis,Yeah the aircraft was sat on the ground for a long time in real weather. All other temps like fuel, cargo bay etc dropped to match ambient temp but the Hydraulic stayed warm. It's no big deal, I just thought maybe theirs something I don't know about regarding the HYD system but maybe it's just a bug missed in Beta.ThanksRob
Are you sure its even modeled? Or is this your way of asking if it is?
Yeah I would have thought PMDG would model HYD temps since they have with everything else. Even the Brake temps will cool to ambient tempreture.Regards

Dan,I'm quite sure there's no need to simulate a HYD FLUID WARMING SYSTEM of a MD-11 :(Rob, yes maybe it's a bug or it's just not simulated.Denis