Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terblanche

Pirated FS2004

Guest Tumbleweed

There seems to be major piracy going on somewhere with FS2004. In South Africa, there is an outlet selling FS2004 for R149.00 (about $15.00 or

Guest Tumbleweed

Either that, or we in Europe are just being royally ripped -off!

Guest JonP01

>>Either that, or we in Europe are just being royally ripped>-off!According to my bank's international currency converter, that would make a copy of FS2004 worth $29.75 Australian dollars, when the retail price in Australia is actually expected to be about $110.00. So I'm not sure what to think, other than perhaps South African gamers get a great deal on computer games :-hmmm I can't even buy a new audio CD for $29.75!If you notice, it says they only supply to South Africa, which perhaps suggests that country has some sort of special deal going. It looks like nearly all their new releases are selling at 149 Rand.

Hi Erich,considering that every single item they sell goes for 149 Rand, I would put my bets on a software glitch, like what happened to United about a year or so ago, where for a few hours every single flight sold via their website for $1 or $10 - they ended up honouring all tickets. So my suggestion would be 'Go for it!'Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Tumbleweed

I would, except I'm in the UK and have mine on pre-order with Amazon.co.uk. Hope it arrives soon :-)RegardsErich

Guest CargoMun

In alot of countries there is widespread and many times not even concealed sales of pirated software.I've been to a couple of Asian countries that actually had pirated software STORES in a mall!! Sold the stuff for about

Guest jmarcure

>Insane the government is too corrupt to do>something about it.Maybe not. Without knowing the laws in the country it would be unfair to label them with a blanket statement like that. Another country may not be under any obligation to honor the laws of yours. For example. I live in the USA where marijuana is illegal but it is legal to use it in Holland. If I were to take your stance I would then have to assume that Holland has a corrupt government because they don

International copyright laws are a different matter. Here the label definetly applies. Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Actually, it IS illegal in the Netherlands but the police are so understaffed that it's considered not worth going after.They're making more money writing out parking tickets and drinking coffee while the automated radar/camera records speeding violations.I DO expect there is corruption here, but it's not extremely widespread.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi,is it really illegal? are you sure? to my knowledge, it has been depenalized some time ago, but it is somewhat regulated in the sense production has to be notified to the governement (for the sake of controling quality), and consumption is only in "Coffee shops" and "home". At least, from what I heard and read when being in France and Holland.

Guest Tim W

You are correct, it is illegal to "traffic" but not to possess for your own consumption as long as it's under a certain weight. I'm not sure what that is exactly.It certainly isn't illegal otherwise there wouldn't be so many "coffee shops" blatently selling it. It has been de-criminalised whatever that means precisely.Anough of that subject, now back to flying!RegardsTimZaandamHollandhttp://www.cambridgeflyingclub.com/images/timavatar2.jpg

Guest CargoMun

Well my comment about corrupt government (or parts of it wether beeing police and other agencies) applies. They are time and time again beeing told to do something about it and they do, but after a week it pops up again.Surely many people have seen the tv pictures of a steamroller running over tons of CD's and whatnot in certain Asian countries. But its only a show for the tv sadly.Its not just for software, its for clothes, VCD's you name it.Personally I dont care much for the smaller fish, its the large scale production places, whole factories, that should be clamped down on.

Hi Tim,>It has been de-criminalised whatever that means precisely.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Well the ZA rand is weak but not that weak! I cant understand why it is so cheap... And I didnt see masses of copied games in SA like you get in many parts of the world, where games just dont get released officially because of the huge amounts of piracy..

>>Insane the government is too corrupt to do>>something about it.>>Maybe not. Without knowing the laws in the country it would be>unfair to label them with a blanket statement like that. >Another country may not be under any obligation to honor the>laws of yours. For example. I live in the USA where marijuana>is illegal but it is legal to use it in Holland. If I were to>take your stance I would then have to assume that Holland has>a corrupt government because they don