Sign in to follow this  

FS2004 With Windows 98

Hi,I have been running FS2002 with Windows 98SE for the past year and a half without a single problem will I be able to do the same with FS2004? I don't know alot about computers so would someone reccomend any upgrades to my system which is 1 and a half years old and runs fs2002 smooth at around 20-25 FPS (locked at 25)My current specs:P4 1.5GHZ 512/40/DVD/1.44Geforce 2 PRO AGP Card32mb TNT Video CardWindows 98SEThanks

With my whopping 24 hours experience it looks as if 2004 runs about the same on my 1Ghz Athlon dinosaur as 2002 did.

Works just fine for me here also, WIN98 SE, runs just as nice as 2K2.Hornit

JohnChi has posted numerous times here on his success as a beta tester with a lower end machine and 98SE. It looks like as long as you set your detail levels to those similar to in FS2002, you will get similar if not better performance. I understand that settings like "very detailed" in FS2002 are the same as "extreme detail" in FS2004, so be careful to compare apples to apples. Adding things like complex clouds that were not available in FS2002 will probably slow you down a little. I am getting FS2004 for a machine with very similar stats as yours and fully expect to enjoy FS2004. I suggest seeing how it runs before you worry to much about upgrading. You may be pleasantly suprised.Tony

Guest Calb

Thanx guys -- I was considering upgrading this 1.33e T'bird right away but it appears there's no rush so I can do it when I get around to it. Although Win98SE is okay, I'm really glad I made the switch to XP-home which I found behaves much better after I upped my RAM from 256Meg to 512Meg.Cal