Sign in to follow this  
mavericksfan412003

Win7 FS9 Cursor Problem

Just installed Win7 x64, followed by FS9, and am having a problem with the cursor changing from white to black. I run FS9 in full screen mode, and whenever I press Alt+Tab to start up ActiveSky, for example, and then switch back to FS9, the cursor becomes black. A workaround is to right click anywhere on the screen, and then not select anything from the dropdown menu, and then it's fixed, but it's slightly annoying. Anyone else have this issue and know what's causing it? Thanks.Kyle

Same problem, no solution (yet). Learned to live with it. Sometimes annoying though when flying at night and then you have to search for the cursor ;-)

I learned that if you right click somewhere on the screen, a menu would pop up and move your mouse over to that menu then move it somewhere else and left click. Then you should have the normal mouse back. At least it works for me.

Just a lowly FS9'er. 

I learned that if you right click somewhere on the screen, a menu would pop up and move your mouse over to that menu then move it somewhere else and left click. Then you should have the normal mouse back. At least it works for me.
LOL, he already wrote that in the 3rd sentance.

Just installed Win7 x64, followed by FS9, and am having a problem with the cursor changing from white to black. I run FS9 in full screen mode, and whenever I press Alt+Tab to start up ActiveSky, for example, and then switch back to FS9, the cursor becomes black. A workaround is to right click anywhere on the screen, and then not select anything from the dropdown menu, and then it's fixed, but it's slightly annoying. Anyone else have this issue and know what's causing it? Thanks.Kyle
HelloMy solution to this and many other minor incompatibility's between W7 64bit and FS9 was to install XP64It's fast ,totally stable and FS9 was written to run on XP's memory model.

I had XP64. Beautiful OS. Except:My audio programs aren't working under XP64.My soundcard has only beta drivers for XP64.Newest iTunes (I own an iPhone) isn't XP64 compatible.I get around 5% more performance in Win7. Measured.That is why I *had* to change.

I had XP64. Beautiful OS. Except:My audio programs aren't working under XP64.My soundcard has only beta drivers for XP64.Newest iTunes (I own an iPhone) isn't XP64 compatible.I get around 5% more performance in Win7. Measured.That is why I *had* to change.
HelloWin 7 is nice, that's why I dual bootOne operating system install (W7) for general use and configured accordingly with accounts for my wife and myself.Another pair of HD's for Flightsim only and set up for max performance. (XP64)It is much easier to keep everything optimised this way and nobody gets to mess up my flightsim installation, I can do that well enough on my own :(

Dual boot is a pain. I have too much to do this way anyway. I had dual boot, I find it very unpractical. I love one OS, everything on one place, simple clean and working. As for the black mouse - I couldn't care less about that, since everything else is working ey-okay.

Dual boot is a pain. I have too much to do this way anyway. I had dual boot, I find it very unpractical. I love one OS, everything on one place, simple clean and working. As for the black mouse - I couldn't care less about that, since everything else is working ey-okay.
HelloHow can it be unpractical, just choose the OS at system start and that's it, just like having one OS.except that the FS disk is optimally set up for just the Sim , no drivers loading for hardware I have connected that are nothing to do with simming, services turned off for things that are not needed ect. nothing to slow the machine down.The other boot is configured for sound/video recording , email, web browsing ect and runs with loads of services running, networking to my NAS , wireless. all this would slow down the Sim.

Also had the "black cursor" problem when I installed Win 7 - I reported it in an earlier thread. It was only in FS9 and not in FSX which I have mainly been using. However just gone back to FS9 and saw that the black curser had gone - a quick investigation showed that it occurs unless you manually set the desktop to Windows Basic. That sorted it with both ATI and NVidia cards.John R

How can it be unpractical, just choose the OS at system start and that's it, just like having one OS.
Because I hate rebooting the machine every time I want to either do something within FS or if I want to open my audio program or surf. I like everything on one place, as this "system optimizing for FS or something else" is so unnecessary if everything is set up right. And W7 x64 is working great with everything up to now. Besides, it's much much faster than XP application-wise. Besides, memory management, even for FS is better.Anyway, I don't want to steal the thread further. My end of the line.

Guest diajohn2

Guys, I don't have the problem with my W7-64 but you can easily check your control panel setting for the mouse cursor and likely fix your problem.

Guys, I don't have the problem with my W7-64 but you can easily check your control panel setting for the mouse cursor and likely fix your problem.
My founds are that, neither changing theme previously to basic nor changing cursor in the control panel fixes the problem.