Sign in to follow this  
Guest snake1

nose wheel and rudder

Guest snake1

Hello,Does anyone know what would cause all of my planes to turn to the right. The nose wheel and the rudder turn to the right just sitting on the runway even before I release the brake. Then when I do release the brake of course it just want to go in circles. And like I said this is ALL Aircraft. So obviously it's something in the sim not just in one plane. So where would I look for something that would cause this?Also unrelated, but would anyone know what would have caused All of the aircraft with afterburners, flames to turn green with sparkles?Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you so much for your time. S.

Hello,Does anyone know what would cause all of my planes to turn to the right. The nose wheel and the rudder turn to the right just sitting on the runway even before I release the brake. Then when I do release the brake of course it just want to go in circles. And like I said this is ALL Aircraft. So obviously it's something in the sim not just in one plane. So where would I look for something that would cause this?Also unrelated, but would anyone know what would have caused All of the aircraft with afterburners, flames to turn green with sparkles?Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you so much for your time. S.
Try calibrating your stick/pedals, it sounds to me like it's off center.As for the afterburner, sounds like you swapped out an effect file somewhere. Some real life afterburners burn green, some blue, some orange. An add on may have swapped an existing effect out and caused that.

yep, that is what it sounds like to me also..try this to confirm the abovego into slew mode and don't touch anything, if your plane starts to turn right all by itself - most likely the rudder is off

Ciao!

Guest snake1

Also I guess I should have added that I had loaded alot of add-ons since the last time I flew, without going in and checking things out in between each add-on to make sure that things like this hadn't happened. But I didn't. big mistake. So where should I look for the problem? The rudder is centered and calibrated, as it worked perfectly before I loaded all the add-ons.

Hi Snake. What brand of flight controls are you using? Just to pass this on as a further thought, I am using the Saitek X52. On the throttle I have one of the rotary 'knobs' set so that it controls the rudder and nose wheel ( to simulate ground steering ). On a few occasions I have rotated this without knowing it. The result is the same as what you have described, a plane that chases its tail. At any rate, it is something you might look into, if for no other reason than to eliminate possibilities. BTW, this naturally, would happen also with a properly calibrated setup. I hope this helps a little toward solving your problem.Best regards,Mel