Sign in to follow this  

ATI FS9 FS2004 Major problems???

Hello simmersI just got the ATI Radeon 9800 pro 256 mb. I also just got FS2004. The graphics are absolutely spectacular!! However, there are two MAJORLY ANOYNING BUG with Catalyst 3.6 drivers. 1) When ever you press the alt button to access menues there are about 6 on/off screen flashes EVERY time which is increadily anoying and gives headaches. It might cause seizures which is NO joke. 2) When accessing emmbeded windows such as kneeboard with text scrolls within the text is increadily streched and unreadable which is quite anyoying for the nav log on the kneeboard.Has anyone (Beta Testers) wish FS9 FS2004 been able to find a fix for these two problems?Can someone running FS9/FS2004 please post both driver setting and fs setting for best image quality / fps?On the upside the graphics especially with full AA and AF which will bring even your 3.06 to a crawl!! but I've been able to do some quick teeking and can get 15fps with real life image quality especially at DUSK!!! Clouds are spectacular!Help would be greatly appreciatedBillyBob

Hi, Nothing have change since 7 years from ATI driver departement, this is why I leaved the ATI card in the past, they always have the best hardware card, but their driver departement are always behind the card capability.You will have to wait a little for their new ATI drivier, they have already released new drivers for others games also to fix some issue.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Ed_S

Just curious?What store did you get your copy from?Thanks

Run in Windows mode and not in Full Screen, and you will not have these problems.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest MHawk

Windowed mode happens when one hits the Alt + Enter keys...not a viable solution in my opinion. I had the same flicker problem with the 3.6's on my 9700 PRO until I disabled "Vertical Sync" in the Radeon driver utility...and in FS2002, so unsure whether that will help you, worth a shot though.

Guest MHawk

> Nothing have change since 7 years from ATI driver departement, this is why I leaved the ATI card in the past, they always have the best hardware card, but their driver departement are always behind the card capability

OK thanks I'll give that a try. Because when the text in the embeded windows is warped it's VERTicle