Sign in to follow this  
moatazlashine

Installation Problems

From time to time you need to reinstall your Fs and consequently all your add-Ons. Recently i'm facing this problem a lot after installing the md-11, I got this message while initializing FSX " Cannot find Add-On scenery\scenery Area.115 in scenery .cfg file", then Fsx crashes and i have to reinstall everything again from scratch. Really it's annoying !! :( I observed that after the installation of the md-11, when i try to open any file from the md-11 menu like (load manager-normal cheklists-etc...), i got this " shortcut is missing" which indicates a corrupted installation. I've got the PMDG 747 installed if this has anything to do with it.Any ideas????FSX-SP2

The scenery cfg file has been modified, maybe by one of the add-on sceneries? Maybe the areas are misnumbered such as a missing or skipped number. The pmdg installer does't touch this file that I am aware of.I've installed MD-11/747 several times without a problem. Try running the MD-11 installer (as admin if you have Vista or W7) and select repair to see if it fixes the start menu problem. You should be able to find the executables in the pmdg folder and manuals in the md11 subfolder.

Dan Downs KCRP

i have the samr problem after installing the update 1.20, everything was working fine before the update.Any ideas??Thx