Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

ENGINE SOUNDS

Does anyone know of a good freeware soundpack for the md11 and if TSS version is available on flightsim.coms shop

Does anyone know of a good freeware soundpack for the md11 and if TSS version is available on flightsim.coms shop
By "good" do you mean better than the one included with the PMDG MD-11? What's wrong with the one you have?BTW you must sign your post with your full name in order to get support here...Markus

Markus Burkhard

I recently had the opportunity to board a Dash8 Q400 in Stansted during engine start up of a Martinair Cargo MD11 around 200m from where I was standing. From memory, the sounds that are in the PMDG package more than do justice. I find them just right...Why pay extra for TSS or whoever else, when what you get in the package is spot on?Andrew

By "good" do you mean better than the one included with the PMDG MD-11? What's wrong with the one you have?BTW you must sign your post with your full name in order to get support here...Markus
Markushow original is the sound reproduced in pmdg md-11,compared to the real aircraft, because it sounds kinda quite in the cockpit compared to j41,or 747vivek

I was just asking if anyone new of any packages. I have been on a md11 many times so I know what one sounds like but I was just querying cheers for the info guysDylan

Markushow original is the sound reproduced in pmdg md-11,compared to the real aircraft, because it sounds kinda quite in the cockpit compared to j41,or 747vivek
Vivek,the MD-11's flight deck is indeed quieter compared to the 747, and certainly compared to the J41 (turboprops always seem to get the loudest ones of them all.The 747 is known for its loud cockpit caused by the airflow at its location, being special due to the nose section construction with the upper deck. They say it's worse on the cargo 747 due to the smaller "hump", making the airflow noise even worse...Also there's less engine noise in the cockpit of the MD-11 as with the 747 you basically get 4 engines under the wing, but only 2 on the MD-11. The tail engine is almost silent from the flight deck. So yes, very little engine noise upfront is realistic for the MD-11. We spent countless hours with recording equipment inside the simulator to get it right, along with a good number of ears remembering how the real one sounds upfront.
I was just asking if anyone new of any packages. I have been on a md11 many times so I know what one sounds like but I was just querying cheers for the info guys
You asked for a "good" package suggesting you were not satisfied with the one you have, one that is kind of better... That's why I asked if you thought there was anything wrong with the PMDG sounds. Remember that being on an MD-11 as a passenger does not count as any airliner sounds vastly different inside the cabin compared to the flight deck.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

For the record, a while back I bought the TSS sounds for both the 747 PW and for the MD11 GE. They were only installed for a very short time before reverting back to the original ones supplied by PMDG.IMO, the PMDG sound set is better.Just my 2 cents.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

All small regional turboprops are generally loud, both in the cabin and up front, because of the relative proximity of the engines, the fact that they are pretty much on the same level as the cabin, and the props...I love the engine start up rumble you get on the PMDG MD-11... I can almost feel the vibration as opposed to hear the sound...Andrew

I am satisfied, just was asking. Hope I didn't affend any one. Just one more question how do I save a flight without the AP disconnecting and without losing the flightplan. P.s I guess the TSS sounds aren't as good as pmdgs, that money doesn't aLways get you quality.Thanks Dylan