Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Shadow gauge is available

I have a copy of the old "Shadow Gauge" that lets you turn your aircrafts shadow (and all other aircrafts around you) OFF and ON by just clicking a toggle switch that you put into your aircraft's panel by modifying its panel.cfg file. If I could do it, anybody can do it. I did NOT make this gauge. I only saved a copy of it when I first installed it a few years ago. Back then I flew 99.9 % of the time in the Chase view mode, and not in the VC mode that I now do with 3 monitors. It really looked strange to be overcast and have a bright shadow under your plane. ) You know you do get better frame rates when this shadow is turned OFF. Now its easy to turn off and on. I do not know how to upload this gauge here to the Avsim librbary and it might not even be legal for me to do so because I dont own this gauge nor did I make it. Until someone tells me how to upload this gauge, I'll email it to you if you'll send me a PM (private message) jerrycwo4

I have a copy of the old "Shadow Gauge" that lets you turn your aircrafts shadow (and all other aircrafts around you) OFF and ON by just clicking a toggle switch that you put into your aircraft's panel by modifying its panel.cfg file. If I could do it, anybody can do it. I did NOT make this gauge. I only saved a copy of it when I first installed it a few years ago. Back then I flew 99.9 % of the time in the Chase view mode, and not in the VC mode that I now do with 3 monitors. It really looked strange to be overcast and have a bright shadow under your plane. ) You know you do get better frame rates when this shadow is turned OFF. Now its easy to turn off and on. I do not know how to upload this gauge here to the Avsim librbary and it might not even be legal for me to do so because I dont own this gauge nor did I make it. Until someone tells me how to upload this gauge, I'll email it to you if you'll send me a PM (private message) jerrycwo4
Jerry,I'm pretty sure I was the one who wrote that gauge for you. If you get buried in requests for it, let me know and I will upload it to the library. I never bothered as there didn't seem to be much demand for it.For those who are interested, you can do the same thing with a registered version of FSUIPC. You just need to set a button or key to toggle offset 11A4. That's all this gauge does.Doug

Jerry,I'm pretty sure I was the one who wrote that gauge for you. If you get buried in requests for it, let me know and I will upload it to the library. I never bothered as there didn't seem to be much demand for it.For those who are interested, you can do the same thing with a registered version of FSUIPC. You just need to set a button or key to toggle offset 11A4. That's all this gauge does.Doug
I can't speak for Jerry but I do hope you will upload it to the library. I have a copy of it already and it is a cool item to add to any cockpit.I think many others would like to use it if you make it generally available via the library.

I have a reg copy of FSUIPC but do not see an option to assign a key combo to offset 11A4 as you have indicated. Perhaps I just did not look hard enough.Would you be good enough to explain just what I need to be looking for (step by step would be helpful) ?Thanks in advance.Also check you PM's.