Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benjamin J

PFE is next on my list, but I do have another thing...

I have been using Vroute as a flight planning utility for some time now. While I really like it on the whole, what I do not like is that there aren't routes for ALL possible flights, and that you need an internet connection to use it. I have recently looking into other flightplanners, but found only FSCommander to be of the best value for me personally (FSBuild is rather old and isn't updated with navdata, for example). However, on it's web page, I couldn't find the best information possible about its abilities. For example, I'd like to know to what FMC formats can I export my flightplans?Can people answer that question and offer any opinions on the product? You may recommend other stuff too, if you wish, but it's of great importance that the navdata can be updated with Navigraph updates, so that I'm sure all my planes can fly to the same places.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Actually FSBuild is updated each month. Look in the top left corner of the FSBuild homepage, you see the latest 'AIRAC' there.Cheers, SLuggy

I have been using Vroute as a flight planning utility for some time now. While I really like it on the whole, what I do not like is that there aren't routes for ALL possible flights, and that you need an internet connection to use it. I have recently looking into other flightplanners, but found only FSCommander to be of the best value for me personally (FSBuild is rather old and isn't updated with navdata, for example). However, on it's web page, I couldn't find the best information possible about its abilities. For example, I'd like to know to what FMC formats can I export my flightplans?Can people answer that question and offer any opinions on the product? You may recommend other stuff too, if you wish, but it's of great importance that the navdata can be updated with Navigraph updates, so that I'm sure all my planes can fly to the same places.
As SLuggy has stated FSBuild is updated regularlyAnd from the front page of their web site Supported Apps GPS/FMS: FS2000/2002FSNavigatorFly2PMDG 777/757PMDG 737 NGPSS 747/777/A320 767PIC GPS98 ACS-GPS Aerowinx PS1 X-Plane AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL: SquawkBox Vatsim Radar Contact WEATHER: SimWx InfoMetar FSMeteo ActiveSkywxRe And although it is not explained clearly enough for some , it will also export to PMDG 744 which is a shared folder with the 737 , Level D and of course ISG FMC.A great thing about FSBuild is that it will work in combination with Active Sky so you can print out a route with winds aloft , which all helps when programming the FMC .It really is worth spending a little time reading their forums to find out how good this program is Mark

Hm... Okay, I'll look at the forums. been hearing many good stuff about it, but it seemed kind a dead. I did notice the AIRAC being 0912, but Navigraph is already at 1001, so I wasn't sure it was really updated or just coincidence. Thanks for clearing that up!

The FSB developer tries to keep up with AIRAC changes but occasionally misses one. He also is the developer of the ISG gauges which includes FMCs and he provides AIRACs for those. I don't know if he uses the same data format.There are also some AIRAC terminal procedure freeware facilities for PMDG and LDS for a few countries at planepath.com.

Hm... Okay, I'll look at the forums. been hearing many good stuff about it, but it seemed kind a dead. I did notice the AIRAC being 0912, but Navigraph is already at 1001, so I wasn't sure it was really updated or just coincidence. Thanks for clearing that up!