Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Sim crashes at Tashkent airport

I was at Tashkent airport at night testing out a new scenery and my sim crashed. It doesn't happen during the day and it happens with add on scenery and the default scenery. The sim loads fine but after a few seconds at the airport the sim freezes then crashes. What could be causing this?

The scenery is found on avsim.su 27190-UTTT-V2-07022010-LC.zip is the file name.The crashing only seems to happen when I am at the airport at 4:25am. All other times everything is fine. :(

Might be a corrupt AI texture. Try without AI traffic and see if there's a difference.If it works, you'll have to spy you AI-killer.

What aircraft are you using? I had these problems always when the livery of the aircraft I used was faulty in some way or another. Try a default plane, if you havem;t, with a default livery, and see if it helps.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Might be a corrupt AI texture. Try without AI traffic and see if there's a difference.If it works, you'll have to spy you AI-killer.
What is AI killer Rafal?

What is AI killer?
Lol, that's a kind of mental shortcut. OK, so "AI killer' here is: one nasty AI plane textures of which will kill all you fun by freezing your FS or crashing it to desktop.I have spied a few in my career, for example the ill-reputed Spanair plane crashing Spanish sceneries.Additionally I've made a misleading typo - missing 'r' in 'your'.So that could look like a threat 'you AI-killer!'But it was just an innocent 'your AI-killer'... :(

I moved the AI traffic slider to 0% and went to the airport at 4:25am and there was no crash. I then put the traffic slider back to 100% and within 10 to 15 seconds the sim crashed.So now that I know it is a AI plane causing the crash what is the best/easiest way to find and fix it?

There is no easy way. I ran into the same issue with YAMB. I installed an aussie military AI package and every time I flew into YAMB the sim crashed. It took me many hours to run down one F-111 texture that was bad. I was lucky because I knew that the airport worked before I installed the AI package. Now if you installed an AI package lately then that's where I would start. Otherwise, remove half of your AI and see if the sim still crashes. Then remove half of what's left and see if the sim still crashes etc...Mark

So now that I know it is a AI plane causing the crash what is the best/easiest way to find and fix it?
In your case the solution will not be very hard to apply. Tashkent does not have a heavy traffic anyway.It's not Frankfurt, London or New York, so you may spy the corrupt plane much much faster.There are a few tools which may help you if you do not have enouch skills yet. I'd suggest:1. Imagetool (from Microsoft's FS2004 Terrain_SDK) - you may check and convert textures there (e.g. RGB into DXT3)2. Aircraft Analyzer - search for it in the net, the name is: ACA2005v1.2 - it will scan your AI aircraft for all possible errors. Have a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tashkent_International_AirportCheck which of these airlines you have installed into your AI traffic base and look there for errors.If the above methods don't help you, just disable ONE of these airlines (rename its .BGL file - in the Scenery\World\Scenery folder - into .BAK) and check again.EDIT: I guess I've found a link for you: http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?page_id=5You can get the Aircraft Analyzer here, also the latest (though reduced) version: ACA2007.

You know, I think you're right Rafal. I actually wrote an MSAccess tool that takes any traffic.bgl that I have and uses Traffic Tools to decompile it and it place the flight plans, airports, and aircraft into a database structure. That way I can use a simple query and pull all the aircraft that fly into any airport and alot more.Duh...what was I thinking?Mark

Oh, just in case you want to have a look at it...

Mark,That really looks like a great tool!Is it available for simmers or it's only for your own use?