Sign in to follow this  
airliner_75

Approach

Hey,I know that this might be discussed before in some matter of way. It is a question about the descent, and I use the 3-PD.Now ... I have been flying a while now and I get the clearence to descent to FL11- FL12 and level off there just about 5nm before 40nm radius from the destination airport. Cool.I have been taking a look at the http://www.flightradar24.com/ which shows the final approach of the real traffic.The little problem (if its a problem) I do not know if this is possible or not or might be avaliable in a new version of RC is that no matter from where I approach to the airport, from the west, north, south, east, I always get the clearence to descent to FL11-FL12, then switch to approach at 40nm fix, then start the final descent.So, let say I fly from the south and I want to land at the runway 18 which will cause the landing from the north, which means I have to circle the whole airport. At present I get the clearence to descent to, let say FL12 and then continue for couple of minutes or more at speed 250 or less till I am near or directly above the airport (depending on ILS approaches etc) and then start the final descent.Can RC clear me to FL12 later when the landing runway is opposite to my flying direction so I dont spend my time flying at 250knots for quiet a while?Thanx!By the way! Fantastic product. best ever ATC out there.PSIn a new version I would like to see:1. Immidiate take off for AI and me as a user2. Statement above (maybe make it calculate the relationship between landing runway heading and the approach heading "from where I am flying from" and then calculate the descent accordingly).3. Keep up the good work!!!!:)Laters & best regards!

Hey,I know that this might be discussed before in some matter of way. It is a question about the descent, and I use the 3-PD.Now ... I have been flying a while now and I get the clearence to descent to FL11- FL12 and level off there just about 5nm before 40nm radius from the destination airport. Cool.I have been taking a look at the http://www.flightradar24.com/ which shows the final approach of the real traffic.The little problem (if its a problem) I do not know if this is possible or not or might be avaliable in a new version of RC is that no matter from where I approach to the airport, from the west, north, south, east, I always get the clearence to descent to FL11-FL12, then switch to approach at 40nm fix, then start the final descent.So, let say I fly from the south and I want to land at the runway 18 which will cause the landing from the north, which means I have to circle the whole airport. At present I get the clearence to descent to, let say FL12 and then continue for couple of minutes or more at speed 250 or less till I am near or directly above the airport (depending on ILS approaches etc) and then start the final descent.Can RC clear me to FL12 later when the landing runway is opposite to my flying direction so I dont spend my time flying at 250knots for quiet a while?Thanx!By the way! Fantastic product. best ever ATC out there.PSIn a new version I would like to see:1. Immidiate take off for AI and me as a user2. Statement above (maybe make it calculate the relationship between landing runway heading and the approach heading "from where I am flying from" and then calculate the descent accordingly).3. Keep up the good work!!!!:)Laters & best regards!
it's possible that a change like what you are describing will make it in. i can't say for sure. but there may be alternatives that can be used also. there will be better handling of stars in v51) already done in v52) possible3) will try

it's possible that a change like what you are describing will make it in. i can't say for sure. but there may be alternatives that can be used also. there will be better handling of stars in v51) already done in v52) possible3) will try
I see forward to version 5 Sir! :)

Just a clarification on the original post:The FL is 110 or 120 (or 11,000 or 12,000 in feet if below transition altitude as in FAA land) at 40 miles out for your crossing restriction and pass to approach. When in the airport rectangular traffic pattern you'll probably be below the transition altitude just a couple of thousand feet AGL and restricted to 250 knots or below. This is fairly standard in that it allows ATC to successfully track and merge aircraft.You can watch this for US/FAA airports on flightaware.com as aircraft fall within about ten to fifteen miles from the airport. Remember that jets may have to merge with slower aircraft in the pattern and to reduce the ATC controller load they like to have speeds closely match as the pattern phase changes.You can hear real world comms in many FAA and non-FAA larger airports at http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=all to see how they are handled.

Just a clarification on the original post:The FL is 110 or 120 (or 11,000 or 12,000 in feet if below transition altitude as in FAA land) at 40 miles out for your crossing restriction and pass to approach. When in the airport rectangular traffic pattern you'll probably be below the transition altitude just a couple of thousand feet AGL and restricted to 250 knots or below. This is fairly standard in that it allows ATC to successfully track and merge aircraft.You can hear real world comms in many FAA and non-FAA larger airports at http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=all to see how they are handled.
I understand that Sir, allthough it is I guess just a standard and I guess used during heavy load traffic as at London Heathrow the procedures for final approach are "spiral" look alike.So, I presume it is a heavy task to finalize it to version 5 but you might maybe just have a quick look at it (Statement2).May I ask when the version 5 may come out for FS9.1 alt. FSX? :)Thanx and happy computing & of course flying.Best Regards to your fine team!