Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

FS9 solutions / issues.

Here are couple more.4-On initial flight the Yoke defaults to 90 degrees bank position and if you continue the roll to liftoff you could crash.5-Just start a flight you created, in VC mode and observe the yoke.7-Make sure you move the yoke and rudder controls, before you roll out. I guess this should be part of your preflight checklist, use it.4-Airspeed indicator behaves erratically when entering / exiting a layer of wind.5-Set a wind layer 1400 to 4000 and take off from sea level, observe the Airspeed indicator as you approach the boundaries.6, 7-None, unless you want no wind and or a single Surface wind to 100,000 Ft.I will get some more as soon as I can duplicate and verify them. The roads around Big Bear appear to be wrong. TV

No bruce. I have the ATI 9800 control panel set to application prefference and turning AA on in the game but it does not work. When you check AA in the game it does not set AA flag for radeon cars to enable in the display.cfg. Only if manualy set AA from 0 to 1 in the sectioh I posted above. Loren :)

Hi Loren,I have AA set to 4* in the control panel for all games (not application preference), and AF set to 8*, and am getting some great pics- both in FS2002 and FS9. Thanks for the info on the display.cfg entry. BTW, some good info on FS9 (includes some info on the [TERRAIN] field in FS9.cfg):http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=9236Bruce.

>Here are couple more.>>4-On initial flight the Yoke defaults to 90 degrees bank>position and if you continue the roll to liftoff you could>crash.>5-Just start a flight you created, in VC mode and observe the>yoke.>7-Make sure you move the yoke and rudder controls, before you>roll out. I guess this should be part of your preflight>checklist, use it.>You have a conflict in your control surface assignments. Check them out. I use a second analog joystick to run my rudder pedals through. If MSFS is newly installed, both my USB joystick & analog joystick will end up with assigned controls. Then........... the yoke will roll 90 degrees. Or..... you could have had a startup situation where it's 90 degrees & the sim is still loading from that.------ It's NOT NORMAL -------- don't assume it is...L.Adamson

Hi, a couple of more.4-Problem. System lockup. 5-Path. Going to Menu, (Alt) multiple times. I got one solid lock, I had press Reset on my system, Ctrl Alt Del would work, and I got a White blank screen, that responded to a Mouse click where the Menu bar would normally be.6,7-Fix, Workaround. None.4-Low level Clouds( 3-4 small Cumulus), 3000 Ft. or less, appear when the 9000-15000 Cirrus layer only, Clouds selected.5-Just set a layer of high clouds, Cirrus in my case, and fly around looking at some of the surrounding mountain peeks. After a while these low clouds pop up, below 3000 ft. Did the ILS (110.30) into KLGB, from KSNA, with the missed, turned back to Becca (233.0), and the low clouds appeared over the Saddleback mountains, aprox. 080 heading and about 3000 ft.Verified settings and remained unchanged. Restarted the Situation and everything cleared up. For Chris, this may explain why the Catalina view, that I posted, is obstructed.6,7-None.4-Yoke, stick / Ailerons get set to 90 degree bank position ( a more detailed continuation of previously mentioned topic). 5-During, initial Rollout with rudder input, during Pause, exiting from Slew and or Menu.7-Make sure you exercise the Aileron input before Lift off, When exiting from Slew enter Pause first, exercise the Aileron input then exit Pause. TV

For Ladamson.I am well aware of the adjustment you mentioned. That is not a useful setting, unless you just want to scenery view.The studies show that in order for a Scan to be maintained and useful, between the Simulator, and real flying, the Configuration, Size and Spacing of the Instrument cluster has to be maintained. The way I set it up for the students, and myself, depends on the size of the monitor, and the Instruments used. I use mostly, the 182, Mooney, 172 and a 182RG that I put together. The last I may not need now, still evaluating, because you can view the Trim and other Controls positions in this new version, that were not working before.As far as the >conflict in your control surface assignments.< I verified that they are not Cross and or multi applied, but it may have something to do with the Analog to USB Adapter, I will look into it. The fact is that the same exact configuration works in every other sim and the 2002 version.>It's NOT NORMAL -------- don't assume it is...>I most definitely DON

Hi, 4-Problem. System lockup. 5-Path. Going to Menu, (Alt) multiple times. I got one solid lock, I had press Reset on my system, Ctrl Alt Del would work, and I got a White blank screen, that responded to a Mouse click where the Menu bar would normally be.6,7-Fix, Workaround. None.It`s your system and your ati card, never saw that's before on tons of users."4-Low level Clouds( 3-4 small Cumulus), 3000 Ft. or less, appear when the 9000-15000 Cirrus layer only, Clouds selected.5-Just set a layer of high clouds, Cirrus in my case, and fly around looking at some of the surrounding mountain peeks. After a while these low clouds pop up, below 3000 ft. Did the ILS (110.30) into KLGB, from KSNA, with the missed, turned back to Becca (233.0), and the low clouds appeared over the Saddleback mountains, aprox. 080 heading and about 3000 ft.Verified settings and remained unchanged. Restarted the Situation and everything cleared up."Be aware when you change weather manually, you have to clear the weather first, and some clouds will never appears like you want , because there is the dynamic weather slider and the weather system is not like others random weather that's trow clouds here and here. You will have not realistic result because you are inserting clouds that's should not never be inserted on some situation.The weather system works with the actual real cloud implementation with each altitude and the clouds type are differents from each altitude and condition/temps. You may read the fs2004 weather it is all explaned in fs2004."5-During, initial Rollout with rudder input, during Pause, exiting from Slew and or Menu.7-Make sure you exercise the Aileron input before Lift off, When exiting from Slew enter Pause first, exercise the Aileron input then exit Pause. TV"Most thing you have reported are not really bugs, but some thing to clarify, you can reports many as you want, these are already well know. If you continue to reports some reports like these, the list will be endless for fs2002, fs2004, flyII, xplane :-lolThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Problems I'm having.DELLCPU= 3.06 P4RAM= 1000MB PC1066Video=Radeon 97001. Flickering screen... (anything you click on)2. No reflections, WATER IS WHITE! unless i turn on minimal display settings.I have updated all of my drivers:Include: DX 9B/ATI CatalystAny ideas?

Try these settings and post here if no joy. What Ver Drivers for Radeon, 3.5 ,3.6? TVDisplay

Hi, Chris.Your definition of Bugs, and mine must be quite different. I created and killed enough of them to recognize these buggers.I am not surprised. If certain something has the power and behavior of a mini totalitarian gov. that can tell people when to buy and or sell things, can dictate and define what a bug is also, I suppose.I just wonder why is it that they would give you a choice and then do something different. That sounds like a buggy to me. Any way, like I said I am not much on clouds but I thought you may want to know when something behaves differently than you expect it.Have you known about the inability to save a Default / start flight, and the rest of them also?Here are some more features. 4-Unavailble Keyboard commands for Fuel selector valve, and Clock / Timer

>I am not surprised. If certain something has the power and>behavior of a mini totalitarian gov. that can tell people when>to buy and or sell things, can dictate and define what a bug>is also, I suppose.I don't see the point of your quest for "pointless" bugs, especially when many arn't bugs at all. You've already stated in the FLY forum just this very evening that This (FLY) is the reference the sims are measured against. There are some attempts to copy the essence of it, but they seem to be unsuccessful. This is still the most efficient and most realistic." At one time, I'd have agreed, especially in the original FLY era when add-ons such as Terrascene, & the V88 flight dynamics came about. But FLYII is a "bug-fest" and we all know it! If I went to the FLY forum with an everyday bug list, I'd be thrown out and the post locked! And you'd be damanding my removal from the forums as you always do-------- such as last week!What it comes down to in the end, is your dislike for Microsoft, and an attempt to make FS2004 look more buggy than FLYII; which un-fortunately ended as a "king" of buggy flight software. I say un-fortunatly because of the chain of events that caused it. But never the less, it's a handful that requires constant file repair, patches, etc.L.Adamson

Guest Eric

Hi, In the past I was using the original fly!, but when came for using flyII, It was the worst engine ever made with FULL and Crap boggus graphics, I remember ALL the fuzz and bad from each post one by one and still missing ALOT of things like the bad ATC, HUGE step back sun/sky/clouds, fully buggy engine compare from the original fly! same things with CFS3, these are the WORST sim I have tried in my life.BestEric

Hello everyone.Some information that may help some of you.4-Problem. My own, Default start plan cannot be saved.7-Work around. Create and save a flight as