Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

el_kab0ng

What's the best way to record a flight?

What is the best way to record a flight where all angles are captured? Is it simply to use the built in FS recording option or is there something better?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"The recorded flights are saved in a binary file format containing flight data and can thus only be played back inside FS. These files are no video files, so it is not possible to play them with a video or media player, or to convert them into video files."What's the point of that? My only intent is to be able to share my flights on youtube and a few other FS oriented portals. If it's not a flexible format, it's not very useful for my needs.Thanks for the suggestion, though. I do dig the idea of doing formation flights with myself.

You know.. come to think of it.. I could use the fs-recorder to get everything captured and then use Fraps to record the playback to video. My understanding is that the built-in replay function does not model all aspects of a flight (brake pressure, prop spin down, etc). I wonder if fs-recorder does.

It looks like all the planes I'd want to use FSRecorder with (PMDG/Wilco) are not recorded properly by FSRecorder. Does anyone know if they have a list of compatible aircraft known to work with it?I just tried a recording of both the PMDG 747 and a Wilco 737-300 and neither playback showed any progression (no doors, no nav lights, no cockpit). I'm assuming I'm playing back correctly (start a new flight next to the parking space I recorded my flight from, then go to recorder/playback) I see the counter and I can switch between my advanced views, but I see no start up procedures.

Hello,Check the options for record and playback in settings of Fsrecorder.Note that's some effects and actions will not be recorded properly depending the mode used by the model for rendering those effects or actions.For more infos .. post in or read the FSrecorder forum.Regards.bye.gifGus.

Using FS-Recorder 2.0 b4, I was able to put together a little 7 minute video with music. It's nothing special and will definitely be at least 10 minutes of your life you'll never get back, but it's a start for me. This was a take-off in a Carenado PA-34 Seneca II recorded with fs-recorder, then played back from the vantage point of a pax and recorded with Fraps. Then I just tied in some music and titles with movie maker and wah-lah..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az1U2m_tYTI

Hello,Good video.BTW .. I wonder what kind of glasses the passenger use ? :)Must be the zoom setting producing the deformations.Regards.bye.gifGus.