Sign in to follow this  
DieselTen

Do I have the Service Pack installed?

Hello folks,I was a hardcore FS9 user until recently, when I purchased the Captain Sim Boeing 767. Already had the Boeing 757 for FS9, which runs flawless on my FS9 installation.So I am really starting to like the improvement FSX brings in the visual department (self-casting shadows, darker nights and a great night sky and most of all the detailed ground rendering up to the horizon). Honestly, I feel like I am more and more inclined to stay with FSX. However, in order to have this happen, I need to get rid of some nasty problems I am having in FSX to enjoy it fully.First, this may sound a tad silly question, but how exactly can I determine whether I have the SP1 and or SP2 installed. I purchased FSX Professional bundled with the Acceleration Expansion Pack, called the Gold Edition. My fsx.exe shows version 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421). Am I correct that this bundle does not include any service packs?Thanks for any help for someone really wanting to use FSX from now on!Cheers,Rafael

Hello folks,I was a hardcore FS9 user until recently, when I purchased the Captain Sim Boeing 767. Already had the Boeing 757 for FS9, which runs flawless on my FS9 installation.So I am really starting to like the improvement FSX brings in the visual department (self-casting shadows, darker nights and a great night sky and most of all the detailed ground rendering up to the horizon). Honestly, I feel like I am more and more inclined to stay with FSX. However, in order to have this happen, I need to get rid of some nasty problems I am having in FSX to enjoy it fully.First, this may sound a tad silly question, but how exactly can I determine whether I have the SP1 and or SP2 installed. I purchased FSX Professional bundled with the Acceleration Expansion Pack, called the Gold Edition. My fsx.exe shows version 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421). Am I correct that this bundle does not include any service packs?Thanks for any help for someone really wanting to use FSX from now on!Cheers,Rafael
Hi DieselTen,In the Microsoft support notes (readme) for SP1 and SP2 on the Flight Simulator main website, it states that you must not install SP2 if installing the Acceleration pack which comes with the Gold edition of FSX. Though your question about the version number is a good one. I never really checked what the version no. becomes after SP1 and then after the acceleration pack which should include SP2.John

Hi FolksDieselTen -As Rafael has indicatedAcceleration includes the SP2 components.Your quoted version number confirms that you have installed the appropriate SPs.For a list of the FSX executable's version numbersplease see the version table at FSDeveloper - Wiki - SDK Installation (FSX)HTHATBPaul

Thanks to all three of you for your helpful replies!Though this is some bad news due to the unresolved issues I'm having with the CS Boeing 767, which I hoped to be a result of missing ServicePacks. Well, I sent a Ticket to CS, which was already accepted for further investigation.Again, thanks for your quick help!