Sign in to follow this  

FS2004: Awesome! But I'm missing 2-D Cockpit!

Hi,I finally got FS2004. I used Nvidia driver 44.67, since some folks mentioned that it will fix FS2004 issues. Well, after I configured the display settings in FS2004, I was ready to launch a flight, but then my screen went black (except it showed the 3-D aircraft model), a few seconds later my PC re-booted!I uninstalled the 44.67 driver completely, dis-engaged my antivirus software, re-installed 44.03 official driver. Now, I can't view the 2-D cockpit! What are you all experiencing with this driver/2-D cockpit issue? Do I need to wait until NVidia officially releases their next driver? Help!Cloud9

Guest aeroworx

Hi there,What video card do you have? I am using a Gainward GeForce4 Ti4200 with the 44.03 drivers, and all is running like clockwork.CheersHenning| P4 2.0 GIG | Epox 4G4A Motherboard | 1 GIG RAM | Gainward GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB | 80 GIG IBM Deskstar 7200 | Sound Blaster Live! |"You know that you are low and slow when you get a bird strike from behind..."

I think the best bet is to go to guru of 3d's website and download NOT the 44.67 drivers.. THEY DO NOT WORK !!!(at least not for me), but rather the 45.20 drivers.. After installing those everything worked fine the 2d panels showed up and no complaints.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

So,As I stated in the above post (with posts referenced), are theguru3d.com 44.67 drivers --DIFFERENT-- than those that NVidia willrelease on/after 7/31/03?????I hope so. If they will be the same - then we'll need to use the45.20 from guru3d.com, or wait for the next NVidia WHQL drivers(after 44.67).Sigh ...JerryG

GUESS WHAT?Beta drivers bit you in the back!That's why I always advise to NEVER use beta drivers on your primary machine UNLESS you have proven they work on an IDENTICAL setup on another machine (and I mean identical. Down to the same patchlevel in all hardware and software).