Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAJ52

Can I Repair SimConnect

I am using a couple of programs via SimConnect - ASA from a networked laptop, and Plan-G on the same computer as FSX. Both programs work fine with no known problems. However, I have tried installing VoxATC on the same computer as FSX, it installs OK but when I try to start the program by pressing 'Enable' I get a message Fatal Error. The fault log says "Unable to load DLL 'SimCon': The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)".Talking with one of the tech guys for VoxATC he says there may be a faulty simconnect file as this is not caused by VoxATC. I tend to agree with him as I haven't seen another post with the same problem, so I don't think its VoxATC.Is there any way to repair the simconnect files without re-installing FSX, as I have so many scenery addons it would take a week.Glen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

CreweYou may have found the problem :( I remember some time ago deleting this folder C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_... I can't remember why but it was to fix something to do with SimConnect. As this was a system file I had to take ownership before deleting, I then reinstalled FSX but noticed the file did not come back. I installed FSX SP1 and SP2 and noticed two more simconnect folders were written to the C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS folder so assumed the SP2 simconnect (61259) would be used for any addons. But I assume VoxATC is looking for the original simconnect (60905) which I deleted and cannot now re-install ??I may have messed up the 'take ownership' procedure which is preventing this folder from being re-written. Has anyone any ideas how to overcome this problem please.Thanks, Glen

I had to re-install Windows 7 to get the simconnect.dll back. Thats the last time I play around with anything in the Windows folder.Glen

I had to re-install Windows 7 to get the simconnect.dll back. Thats the last time I play around with anything in the Windows folder.Glen
Hi Glen,Assuming you are receiving e-mail notifications of posts to this thread, I wonder if you are having the same issue as me?http://forum.simflight.com/topic/67394-simconnect-issue/Thanks, Bruce