Sign in to follow this  
byork

How to assign Mute Button with SP1 versions

As you know, with SP1 you can now use an assignable push-to-hold 'mute' Key that will prevent the FO from acting on anything detected by the speech engine.This is especially useful when dealing with on-line ATC.The Mute function was pioneered in the Maddog version, but I brought it over to the 737s in SP1.The default 'Mute' key assignment with the 737's is the LEFT CONTROL key.If you want to re-assign the Mute key, follow these instructions.Step 1:Open this folder:<root FS folder> - FS2Crew2010 - Versions - <your FS2Crew product>Using Notepad, open this file:FS2CrewInputMapper.CFGStep 2:You will see this line:FS2_Main=LCONTROLReplace the LCONTROL text with desired button or key from the list below:SPACEBACKTABLCONTROLLSHIFTRSHIFTSUBTRACTADDHOMEENDINSERTDELETEBACKSPACEJoystickButton1JoystickButton2JoystickButton3JoystickButton4JoystickButton5JoystickButton6JoystickButton7JoystickButton8JoystickButton9JoystickButton10JoystickButton11JoystickButton12JoystickButton13JoystickButton14JoystickButton15JoystickButton16JoystickButton17JoystickButton18JoystickButton19JoystickButton20JoystickButton21JoystickButton22JoystickButton23JoystickButton24JoystickButton25That's it!!!

Guest Makeiev

Hi Bryan!Just testing Mute button on PIC737 and FS9 with default leftCTR key.While Key is pressed "M" is showing on the Voice panel but the FO receives my commands and executes it. What is wrong with my settings?One more question, is there any FSinn and Mute key integration? Or should I simply assign the Mute key on the same key i use in FSinn for voice transmission online?Many thanks,Al

Guest Makeiev

One more request, if i MayI use my saitek yoke, configured via FSUIPC. In the FS9 Joystick is disabled. I suppose, when assigning Mute key to the same joystick button I use as PTT key to transmit online in FSINN, it won't be read by FS2crew. In other words, would it be able to set the Mute key for a joystick, connected to the FS9 via FSUIPC only (and disabled in FS9 by default).

Hi Bryan!Just testing Mute button on PIC737 and FS9 with default leftCTR key.While Key is pressed "M" is showing on the Voice panel but the FO receives my commands and executes it. What is wrong with my settings?One more question, is there any FSinn and Mute key integration? Or should I simply assign the Mute key on the same key i use in FSinn for voice transmission online?Many thanks,Al
Al, which command did the FO execute?

One more request, if i MayI use my saitek yoke, configured via FSUIPC. In the FS9 Joystick is disabled. I suppose, when assigning Mute key to the same joystick button I use as PTT key to transmit online in FSINN, it won't be read by FS2crew. In other words, would it be able to set the Mute key for a joystick, connected to the FS9 via FSUIPC only (and disabled in FS9 by default).
The joystick is disabled but you're still using the joystick?Easiest way is this:Assign the MUTE BUTTON to a key, like Left Control. In FSUIPC, connect the joystick button of your choice to Left Control as well.You should be able to use the same key used for PTT in FSINN.Can FSUIPC allow for multiple keys to be assigned to the same joystick button?Best,

Guest Makeiev
Al, which command did the FO execute?
Bryan, all commands. M is lighted up, but the voice engine seem to be demuted, my commands like heading, altitude and flightlevels are being recognized and executed. As if the mute key has not been enabled.AlP.S. And thanks for the tip with FSUIPC, I'll check it out

Bryan, all commands. M is lighted up, but the voice engine seem to be demuted, my commands like heading, altitude and flightlevels are being recognized and executed. As if the mute key has not been enabled.AlP.S. And thanks for the tip with FSUIPC, I'll check it out
What about the checklists with the 'M' icon visible? Can you still run them?

I get this as well as I explained in my other post. Also using a Saitek joystick (X45) so perhaps the problem lies here.I set up the mute and PTT assignment to the same joystick button as you described here and also ticked the option to allow sharing of the PTT button in squawkbox. Everything works until FS is restarted when the mute light stops illuminating when the button is pressed. The assignment remains correct in the .cfg but it's being ignored after the restart for some reason.

I get this as well as I explained in my other post. Also using a Saitek joystick (X45) so perhaps the problem lies here.I set up the mute and PTT assignment to the same joystick button as you described here and also ticked the option to allow sharing of the PTT button in squawkbox. Everything works until FS is restarted when the mute light stops illuminating when the button is pressed. The assignment remains correct in the .cfg but it's being ignored after the restart for some reason.
So if you hit "RESET" in the FS menu, mute stops working? Please confirm that.

Guest Makeiev
What about the checklists with the 'M' icon visible? Can you still run them?
Nope, with M visible i cannot run checklists, but such commands as GearUp, Flaps.., heading and altitude are being executed. Weird, but after reinstalling fsiupc it seems to work flawlessly.I figured out, that i can assign Mute button to SPACE, BACKSPACE or DELETE but not to Right Control in the FS2CREWInputMapper.CFG (okay, it is not in your assignments list above). For those who use FSUIPC for calibrating Joysticks and Yokes and connecting them to FS directly (with default FSJoystick disabled) it won't be possible to connect the JoystickButton to CONTROL/ALT/SHIFT keys, i suggest using Space or Delete both for PTT (in SQbox or FSINN) and MUTE in Fs2Crew.Thanks, Bryan, once again

Nope, with M visible i cannot run checklists, but such commands as GearUp, Flaps.., heading and altitude are being executed. Weird, but after reinstalling fsiupc it seems to work flawlessly.I figured out, that i can assign Mute button to SPACE, BACKSPACE or DELETE but not to Right Control in the FS2CREWInputMapper.CFG (okay, it is not in your assignments list above). For those who use FSUIPC for calibrating Joysticks and Yokes and connecting them to FS directly (with default FSJoystick disabled) it won't be possible to connect the JoystickButton to CONTROL/ALT/SHIFT keys, i suggest using Space or Delete both for PTT (in SQbox or FSINN) and MUTE in Fs2Crew.Thanks, Bryan, once again
Regarding Mute not working with Heading, Speed, Alt with the 737 PIC version, I think I see the issue.It'll be fixed in SP1 Final.Best,

Guest fatcharlie

Hi Bryan,firstly, thanks for a great prog - I recently upgraded to the voice version and it's fab!I have read this thread about the mute button because of wanting to fly online. I followed your instructions about where to find the <root FS folder> - FS2Crew2010 - Versions - <your FS2Crew product> FS2CrewInputMapper.CFGfile, but it's not there.In the folder FS2Crew2010 - Versions - B737PMDGI have four folders:FS2Crew PMDG Keyboard INI fileFS2Crew Version Panel CFGsGaugesManualI've looked in all these folders but nothing doing.Any ideas?Thanks,Roger.

Guest fatcharlie

Hang on, just found the SP1 upgrade - will install and report back.

Guest fatcharlie

Doh! Got it. Sorry to waste bandwidth...

Guest widgel
Im having the same problem. I have just received the product recently so I assume I have the the latest version. Have assigned LCONTROL as mute button. "M" is showing on Voice Panel also but the 1st Officer is still carrying out the procedures. (keeps changing my altitude when Im speaking to ATC, really annoying!!). I have stopped using until such time as it is sorted. Is there a solution yet?Regards,NH