Sign in to follow this  
Copperleaf

Problems with Autoland and ILS tuning

I am getting great enjoyment flying the MD11. I started my career on this aircraft by going through the tutorial flight and had no problems at all. However, since then I am getting unexplained malfunctions that have started appearing over the last couple of weeks.1. On approach, I select the APPR/LAND function and get all the correct indications and the green box. However, at 50 feet the autopilot drops out,the spoiler lever disarms and whatever the visibility, I have to land manually.2. When flying the tutorial flight, the ILS for the runway was automatically tuned when the runway was selected. Now this autotune function has disappeared and I have to enter the ILS frequency manually on the NAV RADIO page.I hope that somebody can help me sort these problems out. Chris Hall.

Sorry for the stupid question here Chris, but are you flying to the same Airport and RWY that you did in the tutorial? The only thing I can think of is you are flying to a rwy that doesn't maybe have ILS? Or the RWY selected may be VOR?As long as your setting the flight plan in the CDU it should be picking it up ok and loading the ILS. There is the possibility of a tainted afcad, but again I guess it falls on your answer to the first question.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Sorry for the stupid question here Chris, but are you flying to the same Airport and RWY that you did in the tutorial? The only thing I can think of is you are flying to a rwy that doesn't maybe have ILS? Or the RWY selected may be VOR?As long as your setting the flight plan in the CDU it should be picking it up ok and loading the ILS. There is the possibility of a tainted afcad, but again I guess it falls on your answer to the first question.
Hello Dan, and thanks for the prompt reply.Sorry if I confused you, I should have said "on ALL approaches" in my original question. I have just completed an approach to Perth, WA, and both these problems showed up. Hope you can help. The runway I was using had a full ILS.Chris Hall.

Well let's see a screen shot of the 2D panel on an intercept course for final and give us some info like last couple segments of flight plan, STAR and Approach, stuff like that. This is not a bug in the sim so let's see what looks fishy.

Dan Downs KCRP