Sign in to follow this  
Guest johntren

ASE -- FS9 -- Overspeed and Loss of Altitude

Jimmy I know that this hasn't been brought up for a while but I had two flights in the past couple of weeks that have given problems. Both with the PMDG 737. First flight Duabi INT to Hong Kong Route:OMDB RIKE2D RIKET B525 LALDO A791 LATEM N894 TELEM A791 CEA B465 DAKID W14 CTG B465 AKSAG B214 BQ W21 NOB R474 NNG R339 SIKOU J104 CHALI CANT1B VHHH FL 380 for about an hour then started like a roller coaster had to shut down ASE and reset weather in FS and FSUIPC then the 737 dropped like a rockSecond flight KMSP DWN3.ABR DPR J16 BIL LVM KBZNAs everyone else has stated flying along great then I guess it hit a cold spot less than 100 miles from KBZN had a decent rate of 6500 FPM . was able to land but not without difficulty

I have excactly the same issues (ASE B651) over the northern Siberia - the baro pressure drops to insane values.

ldsigcr2.jpg

I have excactly the same issues (ASE B651) over the northern Siberia - the baro pressure drops to insane values.
I'm willing to bet a QFE value got in to the interpolation somehow and screwed things up. Pressure and temperature sensibility check filter pllllease Hifi! ;-P

I had the same today EGLL to EGPH.Flying along quite nicely then 0 knots and alpha floor in a319. Scared me to death.( wilco a319 ) all anti icing onGraham

And again tonight eggd - eham0 knots alpha floor for no reasonSomething's not right in ASE heaven ;-)Still it keeps you on your toes Graham

Same here again over Myanmar - altimeter 2223 - switched to AS 6.5 - all normal again.

ldsigcr2.jpg

I just wonder something. My pitot switch was off but it's auto when off in a a319 so it comes on when wheels off ground. Could something be sensing my pitot isn't on ( when in theory it is ) and giving me an iced up tube situation. fsfan9 can you remember which position you pitot switch was in ?I've done a few flights now with my pitot physically on without problems.Graham

Hello,If you are experiencing problems with the current beta B651 please provide details via a ticket at support.hifitechinc.com so we can get this looked at officially. Time/date of flight and flight plan would be very helpful.We indeed have baro filtering applied in ASE but we have seen certain unforeseen circumstances causing issues with it not working properly for some reason. Hopefully we can duplicate issues seen here and get this fixed ASAP.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies