Sign in to follow this  
gman1986

Whatdo you guys fly with?

I have the Saitek Yoke, CH Pedals and an X52 for flying helicopters and other aircraft that have sticks in real life (VRS Hornet, anyone?) I too have noticed the sticking shaft on the Saitek Yoke. The other issue I have is there appears to be an issue with the PS/2 connector and the throttle quadrant. The throttle is spiking when moving in and out of the idle detent. This is the second time it has happened for me. Luckily it is under warranty, so we shall see. I would have simply switched over to a CH yoke if I didn't hate the plasticy feel of it. I would have switched to the PFC unit if I could afford it.

Joe Sherrill

Guest federalfsx
Same here !I've been using it for a while now. I programed most of the mcp controls on the joystick and throttle, in flight I only usethe mouse for the overheadpanel and fmc. The HOTAS concept isn't very Boeing-like but it's very convenient ! (that's one more reason for a pmdg airbus :( ).The quality is very good : mostly metal and thus very stable (and heavy).For the rudder, I use Saitek's rudder pedals.
i use the rudder pedals too!! haha.

Guest federalfsx
Yes you can but it's not as handy as a real mouse...I believe you can tune the sensibility of the microstick but didn't give it too much attention since I don't use it that much...
How do you do that?

How do you do that?
In the HOTAS cougar control panel, go in "Axis shaping".You can adjust the curve of the respons graph in "Microstick X" and "Microstick Y".If you increase the curve, you make it more sensitive and vis versa.You can adjust X and Y independently but it's perhaps better to select the same curve for both.

Guest federalfsx
In the HOTAS cougar control panel, go in "Axis shaping".You can adjust the curve of the respons graph in "Microstick X" and "Microstick Y".If you increase the curve, you make it more sensitive and vis versa.You can adjust X and Y independently but it's perhaps better to select the same curve for both.
I doesn't work?

Hi,I have the SAAB version, when I purchased the yoke they didn't make the 737.

Hey Mike, Perhaps you can answer my questions above then? Also, which jetliner yoke? The 737 or the Saab version.As for the Optical encoders, haha, not sure I would be able to afford it then :(PS. Mike I was actually just going to reply to a thread you posted your feelings about a certain AI sound product. I lost the page, but agreed 100%. They should be ashamed for releasing such crap.PSS. Sorry to be hijacking this thread.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I doesn't work?
Yes it is indeed quite ineffective ?!A method that works for sure : create a joystick file (with Foxy) for each aircraft you want to use the microstick as a mouse on.Don't know if you've done that yet but if you have just go in "insert" than "use the composer" and click on the "Mouse/microstick" tab.Click on the "Axis as mouse" tab, choose the scale, increment and starting values you want and insert !Mine looks like this : USE MICROSTICK AS MOUSE (10, 5, 1) - NO_BUTTON.Foxy is a powerful programing tool and I'm not a pro but I'm sure the guys at http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/ would be of much help if youhave more specific questions !Enjoy !

Guest federalfsx
Yes it is indeed quite ineffective ?!A method that works for sure : create a joystick file (with Foxy) for each aircraft you want to use the microstick as a mouse on.Don't know if you've done that yet but if you have just go in "insert" than "use the composer" and click on the "Mouse/microstick" tab.Click on the "Axis as mouse" tab, choose the scale, increment and starting values you want and insert !Mine looks like this : USE MICROSTICK AS MOUSE (10, 5, 1) - NO_BUTTON.Foxy is a powerful programing tool and I'm not a pro but I'm sure the guys at http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/ would be of much help if youhave more specific questions !Enjoy !
Great. I made the joystick profile (.tmj) How do i use it now? sorry i NEVER used this software..

Saitek X-52 stick & throttle, and the Saitek Pro-Flight Rudder Pedals. Setup is 3 years old and still kicking like a champ even though I've had to rewire it a few times cause the throttle like to strip the shielding off the internal wires.

Great. I made the joystick profile (.tmj) How do i use it now? sorry i NEVER used this software..