Sign in to follow this  
Guest MB327

Broken/Missing Bridges screenshot gallery

Geoff, I totally agree! Some of the old bridges were an eye-sore and will not be missed....but I hope that someone in the Tampa Bay region is already mapping out what it will take to add back the missing causeways!

Bert

Bridges - The whole Tampa area is a giant step backwards. Miami, around the cruise ship mecca is even worse with many road, bridge, and land placement errors.The bridges across Tampa Bay (in 2002)were very nice, and even lit at night. Now they do not exist. Major roads just end in alot of places, and this may be part of the problem. I'm suprised... after two years.Roads were a problem that at least one MS team manager acknowledged in a public forum were a shortcoming in 2002 !!!Looks like the "Clouds Gang" bought more beer. :-beerchugTo comply with Avsim's STRONG policy of being "fair and balanced" (to steal a phrase), there are a lot of nice improvements, however.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)

Guest Pardue802

OMG!!!! Check out "I know where all the missing bridges are ! ! ! ! ! ! "That's hillarious!Other than the bridge not looking like what it should look like, MS did a halfway decent job on my local area of Alexandria, LA. The railroad bridge across the river was even there.Although it took me some moments to figure out that the faded brown lines going across the textures were actually *railroads* and not dirt roads. :-P If MS can make nicely detailed bridges, couldn't they do the same with roads? Kinda disappointing to see this cool railroad track underneath me and then to find that it goes to blah at the end of the bridge.Kenneth

Guest rogue1

Looks like the I-5 and I-205 bridges are missing across the Columbia River in Portland, OR. But there is a non-existant bridge across the Columbia by the Troutdale airport (KTTD). I'm at work right now, I'll post screenies later today.

I havent thought of flying there yet, but I am afraid to see what flying down to the keys from Miami looks like!?? If the missing bridge theory applies there then it will look like a major hurricane hit the keys.I'm at work on lunch right now and cannot access FS until I get home. Wonder if anyone has it handy to check it out? FS2002 had bridges all the way down. And no one can tell me that missing all those bridges in FS04 is any improvement over 02? Yah I guess bridges are for VFR but I tend to remember bridges in FS 3 ?! It just seems this so called "improvement" list of autogen bridges is shorter than the list of missing ones no?Don't mean to rant about bridges so much, its just a bridge :) and believe me the list of GOOD things keeps coming. So this is something that can be fixed, unlike the annoying way fs2002 aircraft started and revved up like a lawnmower, and they have seemed to fix this is FS2004 great job!

Guest rogue1

I do most of my flying in the Pacific NW, about 75% VFR, and those bridges are very important. The paper mill in Camas, WA is there; so flying the Mill visual into KPDX is pretty easy, but it would be nice if the bridges were there. Haven't done a lot of flying in FS9 yet, been pretty busy (argh). Going to get the C182 out this evening and see where else bridges that I use are missing.This may be a show-stopper for me until it can be resolved.

Guest Jozef_K

JeremyYou wrote: "If you have screens you'd like to include, simply click the link on the top right."I have posted a few pictures in your screenshot gallery of the Runcorn Bridge (near EGGP Liverpool, UK) as it is in real, in FS2002 and in FS2004. Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg

>Clicking on that link presents me with a login screen where I>need to have a user name and password. I cannot get passed>that screen.>I have a few pictures of the Runcorn Bridge (near EGGP>Liverpool, UK) as it is in real, in FS2002 and in FS2004.Sorry Jozef,Actually go into the album, once inside, on the top right is an [add photo] link. The link your're clicking is the login link on the main page. Sorry for the confusion.idle

>Going to get the C182 out this evening and see where>else bridges that I use are missing.>>This may be a show-stopper for me until it can be resolved.Please screenshot those and post them here: http://idle.thehueys.com/bridgesThanks,idle

Guest MB327

The more I fly FS9, the more I keep seeing major highway systems without bridges. There are LOTS of missing bridges.While this post may be specific to bridges, I must note that, at least some, major airports now have very generic looking main terminals where they had previously been represented fairly well in earlier versions of FS.Mike