Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

TinMouse II Repaint Requests Thread

Sachs747 this is for you!I decided to try to paint our two request myself.... My Braathens paint was a #### to make.... So i trashed it and went on to the Maersk Air! I'm all done, but I do not know what to do now... I'm sitting here with the painkitfiles as bitmap files... And what now? Anyways... Here's a pic...http://www.home.no/bachke/MBW.JPG--------------------------------------------------------------------Fredrik Bachke

Sachs747 this is for you!I decided to try to paint our two request myself.... My Braathens paint was a #### to make.... So i trashed it and went on to the Maersk Air! I'm all done, but I do not know what to do now... I'm sitting here with the painkitfiles as bitmap files... And what now? Anyways... Here's a pic...http://www.home.no/bachke/MBW.JPGI have to cut this pic into the different pieces of tecture for the plane.... Any easy method of doing this? Anyone up for the job? :(--------------------------------------------------------------------Fredrik Bachke

Guest ido_r

>I have to cut this pic into the different pieces of tecture>for the plane.... Any easy method of doing this? Anyone up for>the job? :(if you have Photoshop CS than it simply docks into the small 1024x1024 window in each part. if you are having troubles feel free to contact me on msn messenger

Guest Skip-67

>>>I have to cut this pic into the different pieces of tecture>>for the plane.... Any easy method of doing this? Anyone up>for>>the job? :(>>if you have Photoshop CS than it simply docks into the small>1024x1024 window in each part. if you are having troubles feel>free to contact me on msn messengerThe lowest layer on the Photoshop paint template is a series of 1024X1024 coloured boxes. The purpose of these is to easily allow the quick and accurate selection of the respective 1024X1024 texture areas. To do this just select this lowest layer and with the magic wand selection tool, set 'anti-alias' OFF and 'Tolerance' to 0 (zero) and select the area you want. You don't need to 'see' these coloured areas, just click in the general area. Now you will have the 1024X1024 area correctly selected.To extract that 1024X1024 area to make a bitmap, while still in the lower coloured area (the active layer) hit Ctrl-Shift-C, this copies the 1024X1024 area that you have selected into memory (the clipboard). Next, hit Ctrl-N (a new file dialogue will open up), becuase PS detects you have a bitmap in memory it will automatically fill in the Width and Height fields to 1024 and 1024. Hit RETURN and then Ctrl-V, this will paste the previously selected 1024X1024 area into the new image file. Next you need to flatten the bitmap by hitting Ctrl-E. At this stage you can now save the image but it will be at 24bit format so it will not show in FS, you can either save it as Index Colour (Menu: IMAGE/Mode/Index Color...), I use 'Local Perceptual',or leave it as 24bit for processing in DXTBmp or whatever.After a while you get to learn these keystrokes and you can quickly spit out 1024X1024 bmps, but better still you can create your own Action. With an Action, you can complete all the above in just one mouse click.Hope this helps.Terry Gaff

Guest Skip-67

Here's another handy tip for painting the overall fuselage areas. Make a new layer for your paint scheme just above the 'Full Paint' layer, click on this new layer so it is the active layer. While holding down the CTRL key click on the 'Full Paint' layer. This will correctly select all the areas in the 'Full Paint'layer. All you need to do now is Fill these areas on the new layer with your base colour.Depending on the colour scheme you intend to create your methods may differ. Sometimes I create only one side of the basic scheme then copy and flip it to place it over the other side.Terry Gaff

Guest ido_r

thanks for the tip terry,how about the connection of the tail to the fuesalage any magic tricks there ?

Guest astrojet

Thanks for the great 737 project! Very generous gift to the flightsim community, and much appreciated!If anyone has the time or inclination, would love to see it in Frontier's late '70s/early '80s livery ---http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1009973/L/or the convertible in Federal Express colors from the same period ---http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0000480/L/Also, are the repaints seen in the original post (CP Air, Western, etc.) available for download anywhere? Searched the readme files and the threads for more info but couldn't find any. Thanks again, and congratulations on a wonderful aircraft!

Guest Sachs747

Hi Fredrik,I'm really happy for this outstanding work, and I can hardly wait to try it out. It looks very realistic! Also thanks to the kind people who tried to help you out with the technical parts of this "project". Best regards,Sachs747 (should change it to Sachs737...)

Guest Skip-67

>thanks for the tip terry,>how about the connection of the tail to the fuesalage any>magic tricks there ?Ido,I suppose for repainters the intersection of the fin to fuse would be trial and error of sorts, thereafter 'experience' might help. For me, as the model and texture creator, it would be a lot easier as I can see any changes as I make them, nearly instantly in gmax. Sorry I don't have a better solution.Terry

Thank's for all your help people! You're wounderful :) Here's she is all done... Waiting for her upload.... http://www.home.no/bachke/MBW1.JPGI have one more thing though, to make it as close to real as possible... the black area beneeth the cockpit windows..... But this is where my skills within PS and painting says no.... :( Again... Anyone that feel they can do it? :)--------------------------------------------------------------------Fredrik Bachke

Hi,would love to see:1. Lufthansa (old livery)2. Pan American3. British Airways (Landor)thank you!janosch