Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dene

Installing A320 Thomas Cook Livery for Wilco Airbus Series

Guest Dene

Hi all,I've downloaded several additional liveries for the Wilco Airbus series Vol.1 [A319 - A321 series] and installed without any problems.However, I have just downloaded the Thomas Cook A320 livery by Sebastien Belluteau & Alex Johanssen, having followed the instructions to install I cannot see the aircraft in FS9... anyone have any ideas?CheersDene

Hi all,I've downloaded several additional liveries for the Wilco Airbus series Vol.1 [A319 - A321 series] and installed without any problems.However, I have just downloaded the Thomas Cook A320 livery by Sebastien Belluteau & Alex Johanssen, having followed the instructions to install I cannot see the aircraft in FS9... anyone have any ideas?CheersDene
What is the specific name of the file in question?One of us can check it if we are sure we are looking at the same one you are.

Guest Dene
What is the specific name of the file in question?One of us can check it if we are sure we are looking at the same one you are.
The file name is a320pic_thomas_cook_airlines.zipCheersDene

I just downloaded the file in question and installed to a temporary folder as I do not have the Payware Wilco A320 aircraft.Several things you can check:1. The obvious first - that you do have the Wilco A320 base aircraft installed. It would be listed as A320PIC in your Flight Simulator 9 folder.2. That the auto installer did place a copy of a file named texture.thco into the A320PIC folder.3. That the auto installer did append the following to the aircraft.cfg file in that folder:[fltsim.X]title=A320 Pilot in Command Thomas Cook Airlinessim=A320PICmodel=panel=sound=texture=thcokb_checklists=A320_checkatc_id_enable=0atc_id=OO-TCCatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=Thomas Cookatc_flight_number=6154atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Airbusui_type=A320 Pilot in Commandui_variation=Thomas Cook Airlinesdescription=Notes :Short-medium range aircraft.The A320 is the first aircraft to use fly bywire commands with a joystick on pilot's side instead of classical stick.The X in [Fltsim.X] would be replaced by the next available number - i.e. if the one previous was [Fltsim.2], this addition would be [Fltsim.3]If the auto installer did not add that information, you can do so manually.Use Notepad to open and edit if necessary the aircraft.cfg file.4. Also double check to be sure there is an .air file in the A320PIC folder named A320PIC.airIf everything is present, the Thomas Cook variation should display under Airbus as the manufacturer.Hope that helps.

Guest Dene

Hi,Something is missing [i think] from the file.Everything is in place as described below... I jump into FS9 and see an adiditional aircraft mfr 'Airbus' and within that is A320 PIC with variation Thomas Cook, however, the image of the aircraft does not display and cannot be selected.CheersDene

I just downloaded the file in question and installed to a temporary folder as I do not have the Payware Wilco A320 aircraft.Several things you can check:1. The obvious first - that you do have the Wilco A320 base aircraft installed. It would be listed as A320PIC in your Flight Simulator 9 folder.2. That the auto installer did place a copy of a file named texture.thco into the A320PIC folder.3. That the auto installer did append the following to the aircraft.cfg file in that folder:[fltsim.X]title=A320 Pilot in Command Thomas Cook Airlinessim=A320PICmodel=panel=sound=texture=thcokb_checklists=A320_checkatc_id_enable=0atc_id=OO-TCCatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=Thomas Cookatc_flight_number=6154atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Airbusui_type=A320 Pilot in Commandui_variation=Thomas Cook Airlinesdescription=Notes :Short-medium range aircraft.The A320 is the first aircraft to use fly bywire commands with a joystick on pilot's side instead of classical stick.The X in [Fltsim.X] would be replaced by the next available number - i.e. if the one previous was [Fltsim.2], this addition would be [Fltsim.3]If the auto installer did not add that information, you can do so manually.Use Notepad to open and edit if necessary the aircraft.cfg file.4. Also double check to be sure there is an .air file in the A320PIC folder named A320PIC.airIf everything is present, the Thomas Cook variation should display under Airbus as the manufacturer.Hope that helps.

Hi,Something is missing [i think] from the file.Everything is in place as described below... I jump into FS9 and see an adiditional aircraft mfr 'Airbus' and within that is A320 PIC with variation Thomas Cook, however, the image of the aircraft does not display and cannot be selected.CheersDene
Explore that A320 PIC folder and look into the Model subfolder.It should contain a file with a .mdl extension and another file named model.cfg. The model .cfg file is a simple text file so you can open it with Notepad. It should look something like this:[models]normal=XXXXXXThe X's represent the actual name of the model - without the .mdl extension.All the above would be present if you have the correct base file installed for the A320PIC.Without the correct model folder (and files) or without the correct.air file (as seen on the sim= line) the image will not display.Good Luck.

Guest Dene

Thanks for your support so far.I've checked the A320 folder and all that is there is a subfolder call 'texture.thcoGKD', there are no other folders like in the rest of the Aircrafts.The A320 folder at the moment is sat within my FS9/Aircraft folder [as per the initial instructions], should I be moving it to the feelthere PIC A320 folder?

Explore that A320 PIC folder and look into the Model subfolder.It should contain a file with a .mdl extension and another file named model.cfg. The model .cfg file is a simple text file so you can open it with Notepad. It should look something like this:[models]normal=XXXXXXThe X's represent the actual name of the model - without the .mdl extension.All the above would be present if you have the correct base file installed for the A320PIC.Without the correct model folder (and files) or without the correct.air file (as seen on the sim= line) the image will not display.Good Luck.

Thanks for your support so far.I've checked the A320 folder and all that is there is a subfolder call 'texture.thcoGKD', there are no other folders like in the rest of the Aircrafts.The A320 folder at the moment is sat within my FS9/Aircraft folder [as per the initial instructions], should I be moving it to the feelthere PIC A320 folder?
Then it appears that you may not have the base package installed. If you do have it installed, there should be a folder in your Aircraft folder named A320PIC. It would have the normal compliment of other folders under it such as Model, Panel and one or more Textures, plus the proper .air file and a aircraft.cfg file also etc..Do you have that?

Guest Dene

Hi

Then it appears that you may not have the base package installed.If you do have it installed, there should be a folder in your Aircraft folder named A320PIC. It would have the normal compliment of other folders under it such as Model, Panel and one or more Textures, plus the proper .air file and a aircraft.cfg file also etc..Do you have that?
Hi,I do have the base package installed, Airbus Series vol. 1.I have folders for A318, A319, A320 & A321 PIC, CFM & IAE engine versions.The A320 PIC folder with the TC livery is sat alone in the Aircraft folder.CheersDene

HiHi,I do have the base package installed, Airbus Series vol. 1.I have folders for A318, A319, A320 & A321 PIC, CFM & IAE engine versions.The A320 PIC folder with the TC livery is sat alone in the Aircraft folder.CheersDene
Then I ask again ... does your A320 PIC folder have the same subfolders as the others do? i.e. Model, Sound, Panel, Texture etc. or are some elements missing?

Guest Dene

The only sub-folder within the A320 PIC folder is the texture folder... no others exist.I simply followed the installation instructions which was to locate the main FS9 folder.

Then I ask again ... does your A320 PIC folder have the same subfolders as the others do?i.e. Model, Sound, Panel, Texture etc. or are some elements missing?

The only sub-folder within the A320 PIC folder is the texture folder... no others exist.I simply followed the installation instructions which was to locate the main FS9 folder.
Now we are getting somewhere.The auto -installer was expecting to find a folder named A320 PIC - when it did not find it, it simply created one and placed the texture in it.You say you do have a folder named A320 (without the PIC letters). If that is correct and if that folder does contain the usual compliment of subfolders (model, panel, sound etc.) then check to see what the name of the .air file is in that folder.If it is named A320PIC.air - then you can simply move that texture (texture.thco) into that folder.Then check the aircraft.cfg file to see that the Thomas Cook entry was appended. If not, copy and paste the information to it - using the next available [Fltsim.X] number. This was outlined in an earlier reponse.If you do NOT have a folder named A320 and/or it does NOT contain the proper .air file, then this texture is not going to work until you get the proper base pack for it (A320PIC).My guess is that the Pilot In Command (PIC) is a different series than what you have.This whole exercise points up the dangers of using auto-installers. IMHO a manual installation is always safer.

Guest Dene

Thanks for your support Opa,I'm going to admit defeat on this one.The text for the download clearly states the TC livery is for the Wilco PIC software but maybe the authors are confused.All the .air files within the aircraft folders I have are all identified by the aircraft engine version and not PIC.air.CheersDene

Thanks for your support Opa,I'm going to admit defeat on this one.The text for the download clearly states the TC livery is for the Wilco PIC software but maybe the authors are confused.All the .air files within the aircraft folders I have are all identified by the aircraft engine version and not PIC.air.CheersDene
That is strange -You could experiment with what you have by adding the model, sound, panel etc. to the nearly empty folder you now have for the TC version and place a copy of one of the .air files there also but rename it to A320PIC.air - or change the sim= line and see what happens.Be sure the aircraft.cfg file is edited properly to reflect the addition of the TC texture.Who knows, that just might work.

Guest belga1

Hello,Not sure at 100 % but the Wilco Airbus serieshttp://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_airbus1http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod_airbus2and the Pic In Command are different releases ..http://www.wilcopub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=extra_A320PICUnfortunately the hyperlinks "here" are dead ones.Maybe renaming as suggested by Opa is the solution !Regards.bye.gifGus.